Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: World Famine

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    well now ... I found that more interesting....
    yeah thats more like it,

jeez we was onlyin playin
    mam mammy mam mam mam mammy

Reviews

well now ... I found that more interesting....
    leave Ber alone ya ludder lol

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by An don View Post
    leave Ber alone ya ludder lol
    Ok Donna...

(WTF is a ludder....I know... I'll ask Erika.)

Ok Donna...

(WTF is a ludder....I know... I'll ask Erika.)
    you just wanna ask erika...but not that question.

Reviews

It's actually an interesting topic.

One interesting aspect is how we hear these arguments repeat themselves in various forms. I remember reading years ago how the world's supply of oil was going to run out some time in the late 1990s, and how as a consequence we were going to be rightly fucked.

What's always missing from these arguments is the disregard for man's ingenuity which generally comes to the rescue.
    The Gods are just, and of our pleasant vices
    Make instruments to plague us

Blog Entries

There's a group of Ex Wall St. heads buyig up farm land in America, Brazil, and England, and other places, in the hopes that there will be food shortages because of population growth; they're actually over in East Afrca trying to jump start a civil war in one country, so yeah, the 'Suits' are planning to make money off of World famine, and when they want to make money they usually do-world famine will become reality

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by scotus View Post
    It's actually an interesting topic.

One interesting aspect is how we hear these arguments repeat themselves in various forms. I remember reading years ago how the world's supply of oil was going to run out some time in the late 1990s, and how as a consequence we were going to be rightly fucked.

What's always missing from these arguments is the disregard for man's ingenuity which generally comes to the rescue.
    Thank u for bringing the subject back on topic as alot of the previous posters have obviously posted here for no other reason than to antagonise me as they have made no attempt to offer anything to the debate .
    To reply to ure post yes mans ingenuinty will prolong things while not solving it. Oil will eventually run out as we have only been using it seriously for a couple of hundred years wheras it takes millions of years for it to develop.
    We are prolonging it with technology by going into deep sea drilling and trying to get the oil from more un accessaible places
    all the time at greater and greater risk and cost as was witnessed by this years disaster.
    How long before it will cost more to extract a barrell of oil than it is actually worth?
    Let it be 30 yrs 50 yrs or 200 yrs but we will exhaust completely the resource
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anitasizzle View Post
    There's a group of Ex Wall St. heads buyig up farm land in America, Brazil, and England, and other places, in the hopes that there will be food shortages because of population growth; they're actually over in East Afrca trying to jump start a civil war in one country, so yeah, the 'Suits' are planning to make money off of World famine, and when they want to make money they usually do-world famine will become reality
    Yes i deff agree with u Anita it really is a case of when not if this will happen there are too many factors pointing towards this happening, just because it may not happen in our lifetime dosent mean its not imminent
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    Let it be 30 yrs 50 yrs or 200 yrs but we will exhaust completely the resource
    What you say is unquestionably true, but my point is before that happens there will be a breakthrough somewhere else, so we will not need oil.

Nuclear fission is one example - we seem to be tantalisingly close to a steady source of cheap power.
    The Gods are just, and of our pleasant vices
    Make instruments to plague us

Reviews

Yep, it is just a matter of time. The problem is not however that we will run out of oil or phosphate or anything else. The problem, in my view, is that we in the first world consume the vast majority of the worlds resources while about 80% of the planet's population do not consume a fraction of the world's resources.

As long as we in the first world continue to consume at the rate that we do then it is only a matter of time before the planet is screwed.

However, there is a chance if we decide to change our habits that we will be able to delay the inevitable.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast