Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Myself and the comps

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    It was a comp. A comp and i try and do my best not to make a comp serious within reason as its just a fun thing. The rule is a fairly universal rule on sites around the net i would imagine. In my view the application of a rule like this in terms of a comp should be down to the discretion of the site mods or owners who will view it in the context of what was used.

Take an dons entry. Its filmed on city sts so strictly speaking the entry should be removed and an don infracted or banned which i wouldnt agree with as he posted that vid in response to a comp thread. He didnt go to look for a vid with minors and post it knowingly. In the context that it was used i dont see the issue. Im not saying post pics or vids of minors but i am saying that if it were down to me , I would ,within reason ,let it be in a comp. In fact it was so irrelevent that i overlooked it through no deliberate fault of my own. Its an important rule, a very important one but its application, as can be seen by this fiasco, isnt an easy or simplistic one.

Sincerely,
    Westside.
    competitions, what competitions
    mam mammy mam mam mam mammy

Blog Entries
    Reviews

It was a comp. A comp and i try and do my best not to make a comp serious within reason as its just a fun thing. The rule is a fairly universal rule on sites around the net i would imagine. In my view the application of a rule like this in terms of a comp should be down to the discretion of the site mods or owners who will view it in the context of what was used.

Take an dons entry. Its filmed on city sts so strictly speaking the entry should be removed and an don infracted or banned which i wouldnt agree with as he posted that vid in response to a comp thread. He didnt go to look for a vid with minors and post it knowingly. In the context that it was used i dont see the issue. Im not saying post pics or vids of minors but i am saying that if it were down to me , I would ,within reason ,let it be in a comp. In fact it was so irrelevent that i overlooked it through no deliberate fault of my own. Its an important rule, a very important one but its application, as can be seen by this fiasco, isnt an easy or simplistic one.

Sincerely,
    Westside.
    The offending video had been posted some time previous to that on General Chat and it wasnt picked up on then either so
    if the staff and moderators considered it proper to post there i dont see why u should have been the one to censor it.
    My point is that to exclude it in any case is ridicolous in the extreme
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Reviews

how about, the person who wins the comp gets to nominate the person to do the next one, if they dont step up they are banned for the next 3 comps and the winner pics his next victim, the sud be a board wer the top 5 entries are brought to at the end of the month and they pick the winner, the donkey work is done by the members. westie you can be the leader of the judging panel.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by WD-40 View Post
    how about, the person who wins the comp gets to nominate the person to do the next one, if they dont step up they are banned for the next 3 comps and the winner pics his next victim, the sud be a board wer the top 5 entries are brought to at the end of the month and they pick the winner, the donkey work is done by the members. westie you can be the leader of the judging panel.
    Let Simon Cowell and Cheryl Cole pick the winner.
    The Truth is out there.

Reviews

I will finish out Decembers comps so not to be awkward or unfair to those that entered them and then will no longer continue on as comp czar. You can find a new one.

Westside.
    I think you should stay.
    The Truth is out there.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by westcorklad View Post
    Let Simon Cowell and Cheryl Cole pick the winner.
    westie cud be louis and maybe u cud b cherl,

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WD-40 View Post
    westie cud be louis and maybe u cud b cherl,
    She is here to sing her heart out (never mind that its fixed) - its Mary Byrne.

ffs,
    Westside.
    Last edited by Westsidex; 07-12-10 at 21:32.

Reviews

She is here to sing her heart out (never mind that its fixed) - its Mary Byrne.

ffs,
    Westside.
    that comp and the ones here hav sumtin in common so

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12