Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad

Blog Entries

Default Sad

I know a few people who suffer from SAD or Seasonal Affective Disorder and their lives are a complete misery at this time of year. I have heard some people say it's all in the mind but I believe it's a very real thing myself. Any thoughts?

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by magicalman9357 View Post
    I know a few people who suffer from SAD or Seasonal Affective Disorder and their lives are a complete misery at this time of year. I have heard some people say it's all in the mind but I believe it's a very real thing myself. Any thoughts?
    I don't mean to be flippant, but isn't it all in the mind. As in a mental disorder ?
    Or is it physical ?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dave1dave For This Useful Post:

magicalman9357 (06-12-10)

Reviews

Them D's get us into all sorts of bother and I'm not talking bra sizes

Vitamin D Deficiency Symptoms

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anon361 For This Useful Post:

Irish Fiona (06-12-10), magicalman9357 (06-12-10)

Smile sad --- it depends

I feel sad during this time of year as well, coz , I lost my mum few years ago few days before christmas , so its sucks , and gets me really depressed...... keeping my mind occupied gets me to be fun and not seem down, its only when Im alone I feel sad....

I think its normal, coz we not robots, hang in there .....

kisses
    xxx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Areeya For This Useful Post:

I studied Seasonal Affective Disorder as part of a Psychology course, and it is down to biology.

Apparently it's down to the sun; the sun helps us produce seratonin which prevents us from getting depressed. This is supposedly why suicide rates are higher in Norway due to the short days and long nights. They actually have 'sun booths' whereby s person can stand in and get some rays to keep in tip-top mental health.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

Doozer (07-12-10), magicalman9357 (06-12-10), Ric Hardgear (07-12-10)

Quote Originally Posted by Areeya View Post
    I feel sad during this time of year as well, coz , I lost my mum few years ago few days before christmas , so its sucks , and gets me really depressed...... keeping my mind occupied gets me to be fun and not seem down, its only when Im alone I feel sad....

kisses
    xxx
    I'm sorry to hear that, sweetie. I hope you're ok

11. The Following User Says Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Areeya View Post
    I feel sad during this time of year as well, coz , I lost my mum few years ago few days before christmas , so its sucks , and gets me really depressed...... keeping my mind occupied gets me to be fun and not seem down, its only when I'm alone I feel sad....

kisses
    xxx
    Eventough it's been a few years I'm sorry it makes you sad still, I suppose that will never go away.

On a different topic and sorry if I'm being insensitive but had a look at your profile and you look sexy as hell , never been with an Indian lady before but has been one of my to do things in life, any chance you will venture a little further south

13. The Following User Says Thank You to anon361 For This Useful Post:

Love

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    Eventough it's been a few years I'm sorry it makes you sad still, I suppose that will never go away.

On a different topic and sorry if I'm being insensitive but had a look at your profile and you look sexy as hell , never been with an Indian lady before but has been one of my to do things in life, any chance you will venture a little further south

hi there, thanks guys, and naughty anon, I will be in dublin on wed until sat mng......hope you get to see me....

kisses

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    This is supposedly why suicide rates are higher in Norway due to the short days and long nights. They actually have 'sun booths' whereby s person can stand in and get some rays to keep in tip-top mental health.
    Sam its nothing to do with SAD. Have you seen the price of beer and diesel in Norway? Its feckin mad!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Monkeynut For This Useful Post:

samlad (06-12-10)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by magicalman9357 View Post
    Well i think a person can deal with it better by distracting themselves from it by keeping busy.

Westside.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast