Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Snow socks. For your car.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Snow socks. For your car.

With all the talk of people being stuck and unable to drive. I thought I would share this with you.
    When I was out yesterday I spotted a guy with these on a BMW Z4, which being a rear wheel drive car should be an absolute pig of a car on ice.
    But this guy just drove by me on a very steep hill that was a sheet of ice. Literally so bad that I saw three 4x4s fail to make it.
    I'm buying a set. They are cheap enough to buy and throw in the boot, just in case.

Weiss Snow Socks | The alternative to Snow Chains - [Ireland Only]

I hope I'm not breaking any rules here, but anything that could help someones safety should be allowed.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dave1dave For This Useful Post:

anon361 (06-12-10)

Reviews

As I said before I am quite prepared to put a match to my BMW in this weather!

EEEFFING rear wheel drive is a joke!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy10 View Post
    As I said before I am quite prepared to put a match to my BMW in this weather!

EEEFFING rear wheel drive is a joke!!!!!!
    Yep rear wheel drive here too, not too bad as engine is in the back so a bit of weight on em.

Reviews

Opposite on mine engine in front and a diesel at that!!!!!

Thanks for the tip buddy, but I have to admit, I had to google it before I said thanks, in case you were Yanking my chain!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dannyboy10 For This Useful Post:

dave1dave (06-12-10)

Reviews

A few cement blocks in the boot of a rear wheel drive car and you'll have a lot better grip, those socks are a great job but the roads are lined with torn ones where people drive too fast with them on and they rip to shreads..

8. The Following User Says Thank You to anon361 For This Useful Post:

dannyboy10 (06-12-10)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy10 View Post
    Opposite on mine engine in front and a diesel at that!!!!!

Thanks for the tip buddy, but I have to admit, I had to google it before I said thanks, in case you were Yanking my chain!!
    Don't worry. When I yank, even Google won't save you. lol

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    A few cement blocks in the boot of a rear wheel drive car and you'll have a lot better grip, those socks are a great job but the roads are lined with torn ones where people drive too fast with them on and they rip to shreads..
    The guy who had them said they work great but take em off the moment you are on tarmac or drive really slow inbetween the icy bits.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dave1dave View Post
    The guy who had them said they work great but take em off the moment you are on tarmac or drive really slow inbetween the icy bits.
    I think I'll just buy a set of winter tyres, I couldn't see myself getting out of the car to put the socks on just so I can move forward a couple of mile only to take them off again and more than likely you would have to do that severla times on any one trip in this country the way the roads are sporadically salted.. Went into my local tyre shop this morning and he couldn't get me a set, told me my best option was to buy them on the net and he'll fit them for me, just have to figure out which ones and where to get them..

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Yeah just get them fitted to a set of chepo steel wheels and store them in summer.
    I'd still keep a set of the socks just in case as a get me home option.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Any one know where y can get them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast