Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: riding a bike...

Reviews

Default riding a bike...

I want to know all about the first time you rode a bike. Colour (of bike), location,
    age (of you-not the bike), who was assisting you, any other information you can
    recall about it?

Me: yellow raliegh chipper, eire, 7yrs, my cousin ran behind me, pushing fast as he could shouting

"peddle, peddle FFS!"
    Last edited by warmcome; 04-12-10 at 22:00.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    I want to know all about the first time you rode a bike. Colour (of bike), location,
    recall about it?

yellow raliegh chipper, eire, 7yrs, my cousin ran behind me fast as he could shouting

"peddle, peddle FFS"
    I was 8 yrs old. Dark Blue Falcon (no gears) and taught by my cousin. Loved that bike and the sound of the bell

Reviews

I think I was about 5yrs old. It was a hand me down small yellow Raleigh something-or-other with those hard rubber tyres that shook the teeth out of your head. It was like cycling a gate if I remember correctly.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
    I think I was about 5yrs old. It was a hand me down small yellow Raleigh something-or-other with those hard rubber tyres that shook the teeth out of your head. It was like cycling a gate if I remember correctly.
    The first time i ever got on a bike i think i was 5. It was a hand me down from the brother. Can't remember the name but it was a case of get on and keep getting up after every fall. No stabilisers back in the day and i don't agree with them now.
    If you want to learn to ride a bike then learn how to fall off aswell.
    The first bike i ever got as a prezzie was a red grifter with the gears on the hand grips when i was 7. I fucking loved it and rode it every where for years. It weighed a tonne but thats the trick to the nice big muscles i have lol.

Reviews

I was 18, she was 18. She was my first. She was the village bike. I loved her

Blog Entries

i can't really remember the make etc. of the bike i learned to cycle, some small blue raleigh is all I can remember. But I do know every detail of the bike I upgraded to a freekin red Raleigh Burner, one of the original ones, remember when you could only get the red/yellow or blue/yellow. That bike was the bollox!!!

Not my actual bike but the same

Quote Originally Posted by mr maxi View Post
    The first bike i ever got as a prezzie was a red grifter with the gears on the hand grips when i was 7. I fucking loved it and rode it every where for years. It weighed a tonne but thats the trick to the nice big muscles i have lol.
    fair fucks to you Maxi lugging around one of those battle tanks, especially when you got out of the saddle and the gear slipped and you pretty much smashed you nuts off the crossbar. Happy Days
    Last edited by monster_monster; 05-12-10 at 01:19.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I think I was about 6 it was a red Raleigh Grifter .
    The bike had 3 gears the gear shift was in the handle bar grip it was the biz.
    Oh to be young again.

Blog Entries

Cant remember but i remember starting to swim at about four so i think i was cycling not long after. Cant remember who taught me.

My first bike was an Elswick,
    Westside.

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    recall about it?

Me: yellow raliegh chipper, eire, 7yrs, my cousin ran behind me, pushing fast as he could shouting

"peddle, peddle FFS!"
    Never ever, brought up living on a main road, and never had one as a kid, and never bothered since! I prefer 4 wheels! lol

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by vampirejackie View Post
    Never ever, brought up living on a main road, and never had one as a kid, and never bothered since! I prefer 4 wheels! lol
    You can borrow my bike if you like Jackie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast