Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wire

Reviews

Default The Wire

Over the last couple of months I've turned into a Wirehead. IMO The Wire is the best TV show ever made. Couple of mates had always recommended it to me. But I always dismissed it as hiphop culture bollix. When I finally decided to give it a chance I was pleasantly surprised and eventually was hooked. Brilliant characters, actors and script.

Any other Wireheads on here?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debest For This Useful Post:

dannyboy10 (30-11-10), shanamaniac (30-11-10)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by debest View Post
    Over the last couple of months I've turned into a Wirehead. IMO The Wire is the best TV show ever made. Couple of mates had always recommended it to me. But I always dismissed it as hiphop culture bollix. When I finally decided to give it a chance I was pleasantly surprised and eventually was hooked. Brilliant characters, actors and script.

Any other Wireheads on here?
    Brilliant show indeed. I agree with everything you said. Im guessing from teh lack of responses that ppl arent aware of The Wire's awesomeness. If that is indeed the case, then I urge all who havent seen it to watch it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rayden For This Useful Post:

dannyboy10 (30-11-10)

Reviews

Yep possibly the best show ever, either that or Sopranos. The real question is why it took you a whole couple of months to watch it all?!
    And you call yourself a Wirehead... sheeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefHandker View Post
    Yep possibly the best show ever, either that or Sopranos. The real question is why it took you a whole couple of months to watch it all?!
    And you call yourself a Wirehead... sheeeeeeeeeeeeeet
    The Wire pwns Teh Sopranos imo. The last two series were bad and the less said about the final scene of The Sopranos the better.

Blog Entries

Default Omar's Coming Yo!

Loved the Wire and by far my favourite character has to be Omar.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to monster_monster For This Useful Post:

Rayden (30-11-10)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by monster_monster View Post
    Loved the Wire and by far my favourite character has to be Omar.

Yep Omar kicked ass. Also my faves were Bunk, Marlo and Clay Davis (sheeet).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    Yep Omar kicked ass. Also my faves were Bunk, Marlo and Clay Davis (sheeet).
    you gotta like Tommy Carcetti too, just because Aidan Gillen was born in Dublin. Great to see an Irish actor involved in something so iconic.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to monster_monster For This Useful Post:

Rayden (30-11-10)

I have the first three seasons watched. Love season two. Must get season four to watch over Xmas hols.

Blog Entries

I spend quite abit of time in Baltimore where the Wire is based, and I must tell you the Wire doesn't lie one bit about how bad Baltimore is; the story-lines and characters are true reflections of what goes on, and some of the people who live in Baltimore; I didn't know what the word 'disfunction' meant until I came here. Baltimore's nickname is B-MORE-CAREFREE, and its an accurate name for it; the crime in Baltimore is so random and senseeless you start to wonder if something isn't in the water because how can people be so evil, weird and rude; spend sometime in Baltimore, and don't be supprised if you start to think that maybe it is the 'Devil's den
    Last edited by anitasizzle; 30-11-10 at 18:55.

Reviews

Yeah, I love The Wire. Class series. I'm up to season 5.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast