Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will get the decision?

Reviews

hopefully england, means I can pop over for a few games easier then the others.

Blog Entries

it has to be England, they could host the WC tomorrow without having to do a thing. Top notch stadiums and perfect transport, also no stadiums will go to waste and need to be mothballed after the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by monster_monster View Post
    it has to be England, they could host the WC tomorrow without having to do a thing. Top notch stadiums and perfect transport, also no stadiums will go to waste and need to be mothballed after the competition.
    Jesus wept. I truly hope thats a joke. I am snowed in at the moment.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    Jesus wept. I truly hope thats a joke. I am snowed in at the moment.
    OK maybe not perfect, but as a country England is more than capable of hosting the WC with it's current infrastructure than any of it's competitors. The only other place I'd want to see it is Germany

Quote Originally Posted by monster_monster View Post
    OK maybe not perfect, but as a country England is more than capable of hosting the WC with it's current infrastructure than any of it's competitors. The only other place I'd want to see it is Germany
    Personally, living in England, I think we're lucky when we get a pot hole in the road mended!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    Personally, living in England, I think we're lucky when we get a pot hole in the road mended!
    come live here for a year and tell me you're not grateful for how your country is run. I lived in London for a good few years and am just shocked at how lagging Ireland still is. No proper transport infrastructure at all.

I agree on some levels but the transport in London in no way reflects the rest of the country. I think it should go to a county that needs the revenue and exposure- Portugal being the prime example.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

Nicole (02-12-10), samlad (02-12-10)

Reviews

Anyone but Russia.
    I went to a match their once , never again.

But seeing as a lot of the voting delegates might not be around to see it , they might give it to Russia as their legacy .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    World cup 2018 host nation will be picked today.
    England are favourites with paddy power(i did not bet lol)
    But the spain/portugal bit is favourites with most others
    Who do you expect to win?
    I hope England get it because then ,as in 1966, they will have it on their home soil and at least then they can finally realise that they are a crap football team that will never win a World Cup.

some closure,
    Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    I agree on some levels but the transport in London in no way reflects the rest of the country. I think it should go to a county that needs the revenue and exposure- Portugal being the prime example.
    granted the systems in place in London aren't country wide but you also got to remember that hundreds upon hundreds of thousands of fans go to games in England each week, it has to be you guys!

As for Portugal, they can go and shite, sure they only had the Euro's in 2004 and once you're out of Lisbon it's a tinpot backwards place not capable of hosting an event of this magnitude. Sure if it's revenue and (good) exposure you want give it to Ireland

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast