Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An epiphany

I tend to sit in bed and think a lot (sleep disorders, huh?) and many of my realisations come then.

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    I tend to sit in bed and think a lot (sleep disorders, huh?) and many of my realisations come then.
    you should bring that brain to work some day and try thinking while your there lol
    Last edited by benin; 01-12-10 at 17:53.

Reviews

Well at least you fulfilled the realisation of working on a website filled with beauty women and sad lunatics LOL

4. The Following User Says Thank You to An don For This Useful Post:

samlad (01-12-10)

Quote Originally Posted by An don View Post
    Well at least you fulfilled the realisation of working on a website filled with beauty women and sad lunatics LOL
    The thing is, I've had a sudden realisation that I'm also one of the latter!

The thing is, I've had a sudden realisation that I'm also one of the latter!
    but still surrounded by the beautiful ladies...so that some comfort(ya lucky bastard)

Reviews

The thing is, I\'ve had a sudden realisation that I\'m also one of the latter!
    too be truthful , i be worried if you were a beauty woman. LOL

8. The Following User Says Thank You to An don For This Useful Post:

benin (01-12-10)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    2 years into marriage i found e-i and the lovely ladies...does that count?
    Thats sad ....

Reviews

For some unknown reason, I was thinking about one of my favourite films 'American Beauty'. For those who don't know the film, it's about an average Joe living in an empty marriage and as he hits his midlife crisis, he has a moment of great realisation where he makes his life more interesting by doind all the things in life he wants to. What is interesting at the end (not to spoil the film for those who want to watch it and haven't), he has another epiphany which changes his perspective of life again.

So, the question here is, has anyone had a moment of great realisation that has suddenly changed their outlook of life?
    Happened a few years ago - had worked for 20 years in the same job busting my balls and working 70 hour weeks - well paid but had no life. Was there late one night on my own working away when it just came to me - was 42 and have never done anything except work.

Left the job and set up on my own - work 45 hour week max - go out 2 to 3 times a week and enjoy myself. Single so could afford to take a pay cut but I now have some sort of life - take holidays, nothing flash but I am much happier.

Now 46 and fairly content with things - I don't know why I did it - often think about it but thank god.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12