Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wire

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    therfore I guess I can ILLEAGLY download em and watch em in the comfort of my own home...right
    You could also loan them from your library, though you may have to reserve first.
    The Gods are just, and of our pleasant vices
    Make instruments to plague us

2. The Following User Says Thank You to scotus For This Useful Post:

JAMESCORK (30-11-10)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by rimmerguy View Post
    Is the rest of the Wire as well thought out , gritty , realistic and character driven as the first series that i saw ?
    Judging be the reviews on Amazon, the series doesn't really take off until the second season.
    The Gods are just, and of our pleasant vices
    Make instruments to plague us

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by rimmerguy View Post
    What is it exactly that makes it so good ? I got a loan of the first series , and it was the biggest load of ask me bollix i've ever had the displeasure of watching . Boring is too exciting a word to use . The Shield is superior in every sense , action packed from the pilot to the finale
    The Sheild was great too, though I would say it is more just a cop show, where as The Wire was much more. Vic Mackey was uber badass though.

its a slow starter because you are introduced to alot of characters in the first few episodes but it an unbelievable show i have seen them all and i'm in the process of watching them all again thats how awesome it is
    Shit happens when you party naked!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to shanamaniac For This Useful Post:

Rayden (30-11-10)

Blog Entries

therfore I guess I can ILLEAGLY download em and watch em in the comfort of my own home...right
    that's what i did

8. The Following User Says Thank You to monster_monster For This Useful Post:

JAMESCORK (30-11-10)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by monster_monster View Post
    that's what i did
    Found it...am currently downloading all 5 series....Hope tis good...

Blog Entries

Found it...am currently downloading all 5 series....Hope tis good...
    i thought it was excellent, not as good as some people made it out (there are a few overly obsessed people out there) but once you get over the first few episodes I found myself hooked, but you do have to pay attention, not the usual US high action

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by debest View Post
    Over the last couple of months I've turned into a Wirehead. IMO The Wire is the best TV show ever made. Couple of mates had always recommended it to me. But I always dismissed it as hiphop culture bollix. When I finally decided to give it a chance I was pleasantly surprised and eventually was hooked. Brilliant characters, actors and script.

Any other Wireheads on here?
    I watched all 5 seasons in about 6 weeks a while back. I was hooked right from the first prologue. It sums up the insane way that Western societies are governed. Everyone is crooked in one way or another. Everyone trying to beat the system for different reasons. Some brillant comedy moments too.

Reviews

Forgot about this thread.

I liked the scenes where they had the wakes for the dead cops. Laid him out on a pool table, Landsman gave a speech and they played my favourite Pogues song. Love it!

Last edited by debest; 04-12-10 at 02:37.

Quote Originally Posted by debest View Post
    Forgot about this thread.

I liked the scenes where they had the wakes for the dead cops. Laid him out on a pool table, Landsman gave speech and they played my favourite Pogues song. Love it!

i never watched any of it..hear g.hook on newstalk saying its great...is it really worth a watch?..and do i start from the begining?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast