Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: El Clasico

Default El Clasico

So, who’s going to win tonight’s “El Clasico” then? Can’t wait, should be a cracker and its Mourinho’s first.

Real are currently on top by one point.

Hope Barca do it though.
    "Live for nothing or die for something, your call."

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRambo View Post
    So, who’s going to win tonight’s “El Clasico” then? Can’t wait, should be a cracker and its Mourinho’s first.

Real are currently on top by one point.

Hope Barca do it though.

Definitely watching, should be brilliant alright, so i'm gonna say a 0-0 draw (best to set expectations low to avoid disappointment)
    What time's it on, 8 or 9?

Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man, the People have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a time handed out military command, high civil office, legions — everything, now restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things: bread and circuses

Juvenal, Satire 10.77–81)

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefHandker View Post
    Definitely watching, should be brilliant alright, so i'm gonna say a 0-0 draw (best to set expectations low to avoid disappointment)
    What time's it on, 8 or 9?
    Not sure about actual kick-off but coverage begins on Sky Sport 1 at 7.30pm.

Hope Messi shines again tonight and shows Ronaldo up once more to be the over rated player he is.
    Last edited by JohnRambo; 29-11-10 at 19:11.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRambo View Post
    Not sure about actual kick-off but coverage begins on Sky Sport 1 at 7.30pm.

Hope Messi shines again tonight and shows Ronaldo up once more to be the over rated player he is.
    I don't think Ronaldo is as much of an overrated player, he is the second best player in the world in my book, it is just that Messi is on a different planet footballing wise. Ronaldo can be up amongst the top 50 players in the world, when he finishes. Messi can be up there with Maradona and Edison Arantes do Nascimento as the top 3 players of all time.
    When it then comes to them as players outside their footballing skills, Messi seems like a good lad, Ronaldo comes across as one of the worst cunts of the game.
    As for the game, I am absolutely thrilled to see Real being taken to the cleaners. When Barca comes in full flow, it is as close to the best attacking football I can remember since Holland in the seventies. Absolute joy to behold.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dublin laddie View Post
    Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man, the People have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a time handed out military command, high civil office, legions — everything, now restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things: bread and circuses

Juvenal, Satire 10.77–81)
    PMSL........a classically educated bolshevic (probably a seminarian before he found the saviour, V.I. Lenin).

But seriously dl, you can't go around pissing off topic on other people's threads. Seeing as you're new here and that it's an association football thread, I'll let you away with it this time......but piss on a rugby thread and your ass will be mine.

Reviews

You must have tuned away a bit prematurely my friend. Barca got a fifth goal and personally I am delighted.

Barcelaona are on a different planet to anyone else and they have so much more class than Madrid both on and off the field.

Look at the Fabregas/Ronaldo situaltion. Real pursued Ronaldo when it was clear United did not want to sell but Barcelona backed off when Arsenal said they didnt want to sell Fabregas.

Barcelona do everything properly for me and good luck to them.

Reviews

Well that was a very enjoyable 90 mins of football, unless you are a Real fan. A true masterclass.

Quote Originally Posted by corkpunter View Post
    I don't think Ronaldo is as much of an overrated player, he is the second best player in the world in my book, it is just that Messi is on a different planet footballing wise. Ronaldo can be up amongst the top 50 players in the world, when he finishes. Messi can be up there with Maradona and Edison Arantes do Nascimento as the top 3 players of all time.
    When it then comes to them as players outside their footballing skills, Messi seems like a good lad, Ronaldo comes across as one of the worst cunts of the game.
    As for the game, I am absolutely thrilled to see Real being taken to the cleaners. When Barca comes in full flow, it is as close to the best attacking football I can remember since Holland in the seventies. Absolute joy to behold.
    Ronny is a disgrace, I’ve said it so many times. Yeah he can do all his we step overs when he’s playing against a weak team and when his team are a few goals up but where is he when it matters? Where is he in a game like tonight? Nowhere. He’s a joke, little spoilt kid pushing Guardiola when things aren’t going his way. He’s a bluffer always has always will, he’s an embarrassment compared to Messi.

Anyway getting back to Barca, I can’t even think of a word do describe that exhibition of football, different class from any other team on the planet. “Total football”, beautiful to watch.

Its hard to imagine 9 of that starting Barca team when through their young system, no hundreds of millions spent there just pure hard work and talent, it was a privilege to watch them tonight.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by corkpunter View Post
    I've always thought Ronaldo's technical ability is overated. Not that he's poor technically, he's very very good. But they're are plenty of better players than Ronaldo in that aspect. People confuse is stupid stepovers and flicks with technical ability. He also doesn't have a great football brain, too many shots and too many dribbles when there is something better available. What he has got is extraordinary athleticism. I'd put him up there with Henry as the best athlete ever in football. This is what gives him his edge.
    Guys like Messi and Xavi aren't really great athletes but they make up for it with outstanding skill and football IQ.

Barca were awsome tonight! All there players were brilliant, even Alves who I think is generally shit. It shocked me seeing Madrid playing the offside trap so much. Barca are the last team you want to be doing that against.

Also, Cruyff and Garrincha >>> Messi.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to debest For This Useful Post:

JohnRambo (29-11-10)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast