Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are human beings resources?

Default Are human beings resources?

I must say it really gets on my nerves when I hear nerdy little gits talking about people as "human resources." The whole human resources ideology is based on regarding workers as "things" for profit. Its based on a business ontology, where everything in the would is to be regarded as instruments of profit. Profit is taken to be the only true value, and all other values must take second place to the drive for profit. Democracy is seen as only being valid where it tends to assist in the making of profit. If it impares profiteering in any way, then it is considered to be illigitmate.

What really interesting is that those trained in "human resources management" know that this instrumentalist world view does not sit very well with sane human beings - so their main task is to fool workers into thinking that they are "stakeholders" in the company they work for. In reality, they are not. They are merely "resources" just like a lump of iron would be. To be used when profitable, and disregarded when not.

Reviews

You'll never make money with that attitude

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyMe View Post
    The human resources model somewhat contradicts the bourgeois ideological model of the worker selling his labour to the capitalist as an equal business agent, for an agreed price. Human resources management recognises that the capitalist buyer of labour does indeed have more power in this transaction, and has much more power to set the price of labour than the worker does.

Blog Entries

Are you a plagerist or just a busy laddie???...........

Are human beings resources?
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyMe View Post
    I hope this is supposed to be some kind of ironic post. That's like saying "you'll never get them to give you meat instead of bread with that attitude", to a slave.

I think some people really act like dogs. A dog doesn't ask for fairness, a dog doesn't ask for equality or justice. You give a dog some food, and it'll do whatever you want it to to get that again. You give a dog a punishment, and the dog will think "oh I better not do that again". Some people never see the bigger picture.

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    Are you a plagerist or just a busy laddie???...........

Are human beings resources?

I thought you topped yourself due to your homosexual related depression

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dublin laddie View Post
    I thought you topped yourself due to your homosexual related depression
    No, it turns out your sister is infact your sister, despite looking like your brother, I just got confused and depressed after she blew me behind Tesco just to have something warm going down her neck!!! Tell her I said hi...........

Now be nice eh, there was no need to bring it down to that level......
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

8. The Following User Says Thank You to luther For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (28-11-10)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Off to the general election with you , your vote count would be interesting .
    Never mistake kindness for weakness .: doc

Default off topic but

Luther is back!!!!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Experienced Punter esq For This Useful Post:

dave1dave (28-11-10), Lucy Chambers (28-11-10)

Reviews

Oh no, I'm a dog.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast