Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So is anyone here marching today?

Reviews

Default So is anyone here marching today?

Are you taking part in the protest march in Dublin today and if you are what do you think is the point?I think the real protest should be made in the election in a few months time.
    The Truth is out there.

Quote Originally Posted by westcorklad View Post
    Are you taking part in the protest march in Dublin today and if you are what do you think is the point?I think the real protest should be made in the election in a few months time.
    I think everyone should go. The elections are a done deal, but mean relatively little as all it means is a different party will take the flack for the past ten years. The present government are the ones who created most of this mess, it is perhaps time to register your discontent, not let them slip away into opposition clutching their public service pension.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

Reviews

Not in Dublin so won't be marching - it is worthwhile though as it will at least show that people are pissed off - as to the election, the problem is that I have lost any faith in politicians and I don't think throwing out FF to replace with another shower is going to make a blind bit of difference. The whole lot of them are useless and probably the least qualified to run the country - if it was a job interview can you imagine the CV's they would submit - the country will eventually recover but it will be in spite of the politicians not because of them.

This is a great country - Irish people are among the best - I don't want to leave and I am just going to put the head down and work hard - I have lived abroad and nothing compares to here - we just to to get out of this negative phase and we can bounce back.

Sorry for getting on my soapbox but we need to shake ourselves off and get back in the game.

Blog Entries

Well im not in dub but i will say this. The time to protest has passed and i agree the real protest now will be the elections. Protests should have taken place ages ago.

Westside.

Reviews

i would have to agree with westside the time to protest has passed and why have a protest march in Dublin should we be having a protest march in Brussels the EU headquarters and the IMF headquarters in Washington, there the ones running the country now. anyway them stupid c---s FF/greens would think its a support march for them.
    Never confuse education with intelligence One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life.

You guys have forgotten how to protest down there. That was a flippin walk in the park today and will be totally ineffective. Imagine co operating with the authorities about the venue and how to police it! The problem is u guys don't realise what shit ur in, and how your elected govt is selling u down the river for generations for a few euros. It's outrageous and should not be accepted. Better to come back on Monday with tractors and lorries and shut the city down until the govt reverses this madness, gets the hell out of the euro and defaults. It's the only option now. The next govt will do exactly the same things, cos ur worse than up here in terms of not being able to shake off history. Two main political parties, both centre right, hence no effective opposition, and all of them up to their necks in corruption. Look at the by-election in SW Donegal! Those leeches are just waiting in the sidelines to come in and exploit and ruin the country even more. One can only hope that the protest vote in the General election will swing to Labour and give them a decent majority to do what needs to be done.

Reviews

I might've gone but I was busy having the time of my life

Anyway, RTE are saying 50,000 people showed up: Thousands march against austerity measures - RT News Take it with a pinch of salt - RTE are not exactly a reputable news agency.

Also, I'm surprised at this obviously biased breakingnews.ie report: Gardaí disperse small violent group outside Dáil | BreakingNews.ie

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey View Post
    I might've gone but I was busy having the time of my life

Anyway, RTE are saying 50,000 people showed up: Thousands march against austerity measures - RT News Take it with a pinch of salt - RTE are not exactly a reputable news agency.

Also, I'm surprised at this obviously biased breakingnews.ie report: Gardaí disperse small violent group outside Dáil | BreakingNews.ie
    Where is the biased part????

Reviews

come on piddii do you think that by ladour geting a majority will make any difference when there join at the hip with the unions and the public sector if anything labour will totally fuck up will cant fuck it up any more then it is but will take longer to recover under them.
    Never confuse education with intelligence One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy10 View Post
    Where is the biased part????
    They called them "extremists", said there was garda calmness "despite much provocation"... those sound like the journo's own opinions...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast