Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: This christmas - do not give a penny to "goal"

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    facebook
    Posts
    1,110
    Reviews
    49

    Thumbs down This christmas - do not give a penny to "goal"

    Apparently, John O Shea is on over 200,000 per annum, and his wife and daughter are on the payroll. I heard this from 2 people. Can anyone prove otherwise?

    And I found this.

    http://www.independent.ie/national-n...s-1062042.html
    Last edited by espensen; 26-11-10 at 15:29.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    1,199
    Reviews
    9

    Default

    I find that a bit sickening.

    People give in good faith, believing their money will be used to help others less fortunate.

    TBH, I am a bit suspicious of all the big charities. It's not that they are necessarily corrupt, but they have so much money coming in that they get inefficient and wasteful.
    The Gods are just, and of our pleasant vices
    Make instruments to plague us

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Dublin City
    Posts
    251

    Default

    All the farmers and workers of Ireland should be paid the same wage
    10,000 per year, the surplus should be sent to the former colonies
    to help the black babies


    Its all the white man faults anyway there is poverty in Africa

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    FLUFFY END OF TOWN
    Posts
    36,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dublin laddie View Post
    All the farmers and workers of Ireland should be paid the same wage
    10,000 per year, the surplus should be sent to the former colonies
    to help the black babies


    Its all the white man faults anyway there is poverty in Africa
    remember kids stay off drugs they will mess you up.

  5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to benin For This Useful Post:

    ChiefHandker (26-11-10), dave1dave (26-11-10), scotus (26-11-10), wellhungchap (26-11-10)

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Dublin City
    Posts
    251

    Default

    John O'Shea is a bourgeois and his wage level is a stab in the workers heart

    I find the greatest thing about this recression is the Irish peoples help to Africa
    even in 2010 the free state gave 700 million and next year plans to give 650 million to Africa
    Fair play to the Irish people to their love for humanity in eire darkest hour.
    and fair play to all in the media and politicans how never mention it and cover it up so as not to upset
    reactionary right wing wing elements.

    Kudos to all

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    FLUFFY END OF TOWN
    Posts
    36,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dublin laddie View Post
    John O'Shea is a bourgeois and his wage level is a stab in the workers heart

    I find the greatest thing about this recression is the Irish peoples help to Africa
    even in 2010 the free state gave 700 million and next year plans to give 650 million to Africa
    Fair play to the Irish people to their love for humanity in eire darkest hour.
    and fair play to all in the media and politicans how never mention it and cover it up so as not to upset
    reactionary right wing wing elements.

    Kudos to all
    the far right one must presume ...2 wings away from the right

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,557
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by espensen View Post
    Apparently, John O Shea is on over 200,000 per annum, and his wife and daughter are on the payroll. I heard this from 2 people. Can anyone prove otherwise?

    And I found this.

    Top charities defend 'fat cat' CEO salaries - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie
    I believe it.Almost all charities are like this. I never give to charity because i dont know where my money goes. Ever hear of a poor big charity owner?

    says it all.
    Westside.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    somewhere along bus route 46A
    Posts
    1,555
    Reviews
    4

    Default

    200 k is a bit much , thought he would have been on a more modest salary but it never dawned on me to think how much he was on . But it's not a 9-5 job and he must raise many multiples of that sum for people who are in dire circumstances around the globe so he's welcome to it in my eyes
    I have no signature at the moment

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    629
    Reviews
    25

    Default

    A friend of mine was personal assistant to a recently deceased multi-millionaire businessman and her brief was to do a deep background check on the workings of some of the more famous national charities when distributing his posthumous donations to Irish Charities.Her general conclusion was that a lot of them were top-heavy in administration incl the premier national children's charity whose main cheerleader(from Cork) merely thought that turn up for a meeting was reason enough for a substantial donation.As far as i can remember,most of the donations went abroad for personal projects to the third world.GOAL was another charity that she mentioned in disparaging terms as
    She reckoned it was a real eye opener to see what was going on in this society re the charity industry.
    Not much surprises me re John O'Shea and co's salary.Its fair enough to say that he creates multiples of same for the poor but you'd genuinely think that witnessing so much abject poverty would dilute the value one puts in money - instead,such abject poverty seems to have enhanced his own worth of personal wealth.
    Last edited by milkman; 26-11-10 at 22:09.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •