Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smokers and their Health Costs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Default Smokers and their Health Costs

You often hear of doctors complaining of treating smokers who have, after all, caused damage to their own health through their habit. Should smokers have to pay extra in PRSI or health insurance to cover the costs of their own health problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey View Post
    You often hear of doctors complaining of treating smokers who have, after all, caused damage to their own health through their habit. Should smokers have to pay extra in PRSI or health insurance to cover the costs of their own health problems?
    should we just stop at smokers.. wat about drinkers... overwieght people... after all we hear about these people steady also... in all honesty a lifestyle is wat someone chooses through sometimes circumstances that are not their fault... so should all these people pay extra.. if so there would be so few paying normal rates... X

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DONEGALANGEL For This Useful Post:

ChiefHandker (25-11-10), magicalman9357 (25-11-10)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Some doctors love the sound of their voice ,for me it's not a issue as much ,where do you stop with this ,same could be said about people who drink ,as we all know what drink related accidents cost .treat everyone equally I say .;doc;
    Never mistake kindness for weakness .: doc

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dr love For This Useful Post:

magicalman9357 (25-11-10)

Reviews

I agree, rather than punish those that are the victims of such addictive drugs, I would be more inclined to increase the import taxes on them or if any are still produced here, I know there used to be a factory (was going to say plant but too many smart arses around) in Dundalk, I would increase there corporation taxes.

Reviews

Absolutely punish the addicts, smokers and drinkers. I can see no reason that either should have their current level of social acceptance. Its a dirty smelly habit that in a proper society would be banned. And let's face it people would be better off

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyMe View Post
    Absolutely punish the addicts, smokers and drinkers. I can see no reason that either should have their current level of social acceptance. Its a dirty smelly habit that in a proper society would be banned. And let's face it people would be better off
    Maybe just a little bit harsh?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to magicalman9357 For This Useful Post:

benin (25-11-10)

perhaps tar and feather them aswell???? maybe your a little bit OTT there mate lol

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benin For This Useful Post:

EnglishAlex (25-11-10), magicalman9357 (25-11-10)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

A little more experience of life and living might change your mind,;doc;
    Never mistake kindness for weakness .: doc

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dr love For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey View Post
    Yes i think they should plus i think drinker should too and obese ppl and ppl with genetic disorders etc etc. Get where im coming from Furry? If you look at it like this then 99% of ppl have to do the same.

On a side note i dont think the effects of smoking hit a person until they are older and by that stage if it wasnt the fags it would be something else.

By the way, those fumes you breath in each day from the enviroment due to exhaust and the chemicals in foods these days do just as much damage to ppl as fags do.

my .02
    Westside.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

Reviews

If I'm honest I was probably looking for a less polite reaction. Although on a serious note if we were as a nation encouraged to exercise and look after ourselves better would that be such a bad thing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast