Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ipad: Anyone got one?

Question Ipad: Anyone got one?

I really love my tech and gadgets and I’ve been looking only online at Apple’s Ipad. I’ve never actually seen one or played around with it for real, so any of you guys tried one out? Have anyone even went as far as buying one? What’s it like? Any good? Is it better or worse than a laptop?

I have to admit I’m not a huge fan of Apple I don’t even have an Iphone but looking at the Ipad it really does look like an amazing step forward for internet use on the move, nice size lightweight etc.

I’m interested in your opinions.
    "Live for nothing or die for something, your call."

Reviews

Yeah, I want to know too! Come on, someone's got to have one already!

I played with it once in a store in Dublin, it's unreal. The screen is the perfect size for portable web browsing and the features just make it better. Originally I was gonna get one because like you I'm a huge tech fan, but the price was a little ridiculous seeing as there is probably going to be a new one at the same time next year, which I will definitely be getting. Hope that helped.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rolling Stone For This Useful Post:

JohnRambo (24-11-10)

Blog Entries

i have used one and didn't really like it, i have an iphone already and just found this to be pretty much the same only bigger and not able to make calls

if it's a toss up between a laptop and one of these just get the laptop, much better software and is actually practical. Also trying to type on them is a massive pain

6. The Following User Says Thank You to monster_monster For This Useful Post:

JohnRambo (24-11-10)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRambo View Post
    I really love my tech and gadgets and I’ve been looking only online at Apple’s Ipad. I’ve never actually seen one or played around with it for real, so any of you guys tried one out? Have anyone even went as far as buying one? What’s it like? Any good? Is it better or worse than a laptop?

I have to admit I’m not a huge fan of Apple I don’t even have an Iphone but looking at the Ipad it really does look like an amazing step forward for internet use on the move, nice size lightweight etc.

I don't actually have one, but I have been following the ipad introduction with interest.

The main disadvantages are
    1) a bit expensive for what you get
    2) no usb ports
    3) only apple connection
    4) no camera
    5) no multitasking (e.g. you can't play music while you do something else)
    6) no flash
    7) web applications not fully available

On the plus side, the pdf reader seems pretty good.

I personally find it too restrictive as a general purpose machine. The only attraction for me would be instead of a Kindle, which it beats hands down.

There are other, cheaper, tablets out there.

Think what you are going to use it for.
    The Gods are just, and of our pleasant vices
    Make instruments to plague us

8. The Following User Says Thank You to scotus For This Useful Post:

JohnRambo (24-11-10)

Quote Originally Posted by scotus View Post
    I don't actually have one, but I have been following the ipad introduction with interest.

2) no usb ports
    3) only apple connection
    4) no camera
    6) no flash

I personally find it too restrictive as a general purpose machine. The only attraction for me would be instead of a Kindle, which it beats hands down.

Actually you can multitask on them now thanks to new software released

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rolling Stone For This Useful Post:

scotus (24-11-10)

Reviews

It's an iphone with a bigger screen, whats the point, pleanty of better options out there, main concern for me is the lack of flash, the amount of websites you can't view properly is unreal, a lot more than you would think, including this one, videos used to play on the ladies profiles but don't now with the latest firmware nor can you see embedded videos on the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    It's an iphone with a bigger screen, whats the point, pleanty of better options out there, main concern for me is the lack of flash, the amount of websites you can't view properly is unreal, a lot more than you would think, including this one, videos used to play on the ladies profiles but don't now with the latest firmware nor can you see embedded videos on the boards.
    Just a thought... isn't the iPad like a modern version of the comedy Nokia as used by the likes of Dom Jolly?

Quote Originally Posted by scotus View Post

2) no usb ports
    3) only apple connection
    4) no camera
    6) no flash

With no USB ports and not able to run flash I think that says it all for me really, not worth the money.

I suppose until they come out with a second or third gen one I’ll stick to the laptop.

Thanks for the info lads, really appreciate it.
    "Live for nothing or die for something, your call."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRambo View Post

Yea Ive had one now for a month. I love it as well easy to use fits in your handbag or manbag. Its sim free so I put in an Irish one in for Ireland and a UK one for NI so no roaming. As for it being like a big iPhone thats rubbish I can do far more on the iPad than my iPhone but everyone to their own. If you have any other questions just PM me.

Tiff xxx

" Tiffany Tees "
    Strangers are friends I have yet to meet.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TiffanyTees For This Useful Post:

JohnRambo (24-11-10), Rolling Stone (24-11-10)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast