Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What Do You Do In The Dark, And The Demons Come?

off topic.....

Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    I mispelled provoke and everyine is slagging me off over it so Im just taking the piss out of myself really
    its good to be able to laugh at yourself mate

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey View Post
    Right, I'm having a shit time lately and it's affecting my sleeping. I usually go to bed between midnight and one AM, doze off after half an hour, then wake up promptly at four fucking AM and lie there like a spa until it gets bright. Then I doze off for a while again. I get blinding headaches the evening after I don't get enough sleep. (It's amazing the twisted things you think about in a bedroom lit by stars and streetlights.)

I am willing to try anything to sleep all night. Please, my fellow forumites, try to curb your usual retardations with this one - someone's got to have a good tip. I don't want to get drunk, knock back a truckload of pills, or take a bloody bath every evening.

There must be something I can do?
    hey Mousey
    You can try joggin or gym at evening time. You get tired this way. It always work for me. Dont forget to have a glass of warm milk before you will go to bed

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole View Post
    hey Mousey
    You can try joggin or gym at evening time. You get tired this way. It always work for me. Dont forget to have a glass of warm milk before you will go to bed
    (So Nicole is a Lady that keeps in shape..hmm)
    WHY HELLO BEAUTIFUL HOW ARE YOU THIS MORNING????

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy10 View Post
    (So Nicole is a Lady that keeps in shape..hmm)
    WHY HELLO BEAUTIFUL HOW ARE YOU THIS MORNING????
    Thank You Sweet Kitty Cat. Im perfectly happy this morning and you are around and that makes me smile to
    Mwah

Reviews

What's all this shite? This thread should be all about me me me me ME ME ME ME!!!!!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mousey For This Useful Post:

benin (24-11-10)

What's all this shite? This thread should be all about me me me me ME ME ME ME!!!!!!
    we were afraid we would wake you...so we strayed away from you..on out tippy toes

Reviews

Yo Mousey I've had about 5 really bad episodes of insomnia (once went 3 nights without any sleep, it made me feel....very weird, I woudlnt like to repeat that experience)

A few crucial things:

set aside regular sleep time and getting up time (11pm to 7am is pretty standard) and do not deviate from this (as much as possible)

If you have to eat before bedtime then just make it a small bowl of cereal (milk is good for inducing sleep)

Regular exercise old boy, it does wonders

Avoid caffeine late in evening and avoid alcohol as much as possible

If you are feeling desperate in the morning from lack of sleep try to remember any fragments of dreams you had (its a comforting reminder that you did in fact get some sleep and will take some of the desperation away)

Read books but don't watch TV or have laptop in bed (it fucks up sleep)

All joking aside a good oul wank (is there any other kind I hear you ask!?!?) is very useful for inducing sleep (however your problem may be STAYING asleep so this may be of limited help).

Put your worry into context: At 3 to 4 am there is NOTHING you can do about your problems, stop torturing yourself.

So there ya go, best of luck old boy, don't resort to sleeping pills if you can help it (only take them if you are getting absolutely no sleep and even then only for 3 or 4 nights maximum)

your pal, lincoln

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456