Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bumping old threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    I agree which is why Donna is now on holidays for a while
    she is going to visit galway with jimbop...on her holidays that is...see ya in a week donna

infraction free for 37 seconds now donna lol

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Experienced Punter esq View Post
    well if I get my iron bring a chick back to my luxury pad shes gonna want to know shes the only one in my life....
    A cardboard box on Foxes Bow doesn't count as a luxury pad, ExP!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
    I think there should be a rule concerning bumping of old threads. It shouldn't be possible to do it unless there's a very good reason for it.

I don't think it's fair on any of the people involved to have their conversations brought up again and examined or poked fun at long after they had finished. It's also not nice for others to see people and topics dug out of the grave for no reason at all.
    Agreed. But understand that the forum managers can use their discretion if a thread is bumped up for no reason only to cause probs.

Sincerely,
    Westside.

To be honest, if we have to ask a poster several times not to do something we do infract for failing to comply with a moderator's request. I don't feel a concrete rule should be in place as some older threads get bumped and are quite interesting, but we do have to use our discretion if we feel that a thread is bumped for the wrong reasons.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

westcorklad (23-11-10)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    To be honest, if we have to ask a poster several times not to do something we do infract for failing to comply with a moderator's request. I don't feel a concrete rule should be in place as some older threads get bumped and are quite interesting, but we do have to use our discretion if we feel that a thread is bumped for the wrong reasons.
    Good man Sammo, a very gentle but firm answer.
    Once a prick - always a prick.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    Somebody made a suggestion some time ago (it was'nt me) that threads should automatically lock if this is technically possible once they have'nt been posted on for a specific period of time. This would avoid the bumping of threads for malicious reasons, but it would also mean that new members/posters would not be able to contribute to a thread which had become relevant or topical again.....apart from starting a new thread and maybe linking to the original one.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234