Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: General Chat is not the fun place it used to be .....

Reviews

Default General Chat is not the fun place it used to be .....

... and I applaud the longer established members who are trying to keep the place sane. There are things being said that are childish, intimidating, insulting and stupid and this is spoiling the 'harmless fluffyness' that was once the E-I boards. There are a few posters who are simply intent on wrecking the place with their 'keyboard bravery' of late and I think its a shame. Behind this forum there are people who have to earn a living from its contents and if the nonsense that is current is allowed to take over then E-I is on a slippery slope.

If you post here simply to cause trouble then just fuck off and go join Fianna Fail. You will be welcome there amongst the country's biggest assholes.

Thank you.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Monkeynut For This Useful Post:

69patrick69 (21-11-10), Experienced Punter esq (22-11-10), Lucy Chambers (21-11-10), magicalman9357 (22-11-10), mr maxi (21-11-10), RememberBender (22-11-10), scotus (22-11-10), Trinity (21-11-10), westcorklad (21-11-10)

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeynut View Post
    ... and I applaud the longer established members who are trying to keep the place sane. There are things being said that are childish, intimidating, insulting and stupid and this is spoiling the 'harmless fluffyness' that was once the E-I boards. There are a few posters who are simply intent on wrecking the place with their 'keyboard bravery' of late and I think its a shame. Behind this forum there are people who have to earn a living from its contents and if the nonsense that is current is allowed to take over then E-I is on a slippery slope.

If you post here simply to cause trouble then just fuck off and go join Fianna Fail. You will be welcome there amongst the country's biggest assholes.

Thank you.
    A sane voice in turbulent times.

CG
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Wise men talk because they have something to say;
    fools talk because they have to say something:
    Plato

4. The Following User Says Thank You to City Gent For This Useful Post:

Monkeynut (21-11-10)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Thank you.
    quite right monkeynut ,well said .; doc;
    Never mistake kindness for weakness .: doc

Thank you.
    Well said

As I said to you earlier, this is the case and its a shame. I really don't feel like talking at the moment, because you either get attacked, dragged into something or misinterpreted. There is a difference between banter and bullying.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

Reviews

Name who you think are guilty.

I am new and I know I am not alot of peoples cup of tea, but I do not mean to be a disruptive element!

I think that there are plenty of posters 1000 plus who are far more disruptive than the newer ones!

While in some ways I agree with the sentiment I do not think it can be reudced to a new vs old arguement!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy10 View Post

I am new and I know I am not alot of peoples cup of tea, but I do not mean to be a disruptive element!

I think that there are plenty of posters 1000 plus who are far more disruptive than the newer ones!

While in some ways I agree with the sentiment I do not think it can be reudced to a new vs old arguement!
    I dont think Monkey is pitching the new against the old here Danny, He is probably referring to a certain element that seem intent on disruptive divilment. Most of the newbies on here are great fun, yoursef included....

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JAMESCORK For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (21-11-10), Monkeynut (21-11-10)

Reviews

Your not so bad Danny, you have to have a bit of new blood.
    Once a prick - always a prick.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    I dont think Monkey is pitching the new against the old here Danny, He is probably referring to a certain element that seem intent on disruptive divilment. Most of the newbies on here are great fun, yoursef included....
    AHH Schucks you make me blush!!

I do think there are guys and gals that are disruptive but sometimes that adds to the fun here!!

I think alot of the problem is that there is an ownership issues of the forum by some!!

(P.SI LLLOOOOVEEEE You tooo )

Reviews

AHH Schucks you make me blush!!

I do think there are guys and gals that are disruptive but sometimes that adds to the fun here!!

I think alot of the problem is that there is an ownership issues of the forum by some!!

(P.SI LLLOOOOVEEEE You tooo )
    Watch it now buddy...If you want to continue posting on my forum you'd better tone it down a bit....FFS..

There are no ownership issues. We all went out of our way to welcome you,. Dannyboy.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast