Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: not a Bailout

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    RETIRED FROM POSTING
    Posts
    2,105

    Default not a Bailout

    Breaking news: Finance Minister Brian Lenihan said on the Six One news that the IMF is gonna give us 100billion as part of a 'Contingency Plan' he said it is not a Bailout
    phew...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    France and Ireland
    Posts
    2,938
    Reviews
    22

    Default

    It must be true then ..... FF would never lie to us!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,555
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Experienced Punter esq View Post
    Breaking news: Finance Minister Brian Lenihan said on the Six One news that the IMF is gonna give us 100billion as part of a 'Contingency Plan' he said it is not a Bailout
    phew...
    This was expected as its in everyones interest that we are not taken over by the IMF including the EUs interest but this is our last chance. If FF screw up again then the IMF will simply come in and thats that. The IMF will have a very strong say in where this money is used though. I reckon we can still expect some decent cuts.

    The big issue here again is the Pubic Service. Are these ppl going to be dealt with in the same manner as everyone else or not? Its simply not fkn good enough that the most protected and the most under productive ppl in the workforce are protected further.

    an interesting year ahead,
    Westside.
    Last edited by Westsidex; 21-11-10 at 19:23.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    RETIRED FROM POSTING
    Posts
    2,105

    Default

    heres another in the IRISH iNDEPENDENT yesterday: Tanaiste Mary Harney said European countries are 'saluting Irelands efforts to get our country back into shape'
    ah FFS...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    843
    Reviews
    37

    Default

    If the FF said it was going to rain, I'd leave without an umbrella. Proven trackrecord of being liars is the track record they have. Scumbags.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Outside your window in the bushes!!!
    Posts
    2,965
    Reviews
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    This was expected as its in everyones interest that we are not taken over by the IMF including the EUs interest but this is our last chance. If FF screw up again then the IMF will simply come in and thats that. The IMF will have a very strong say in where this money is used though. I reckon we can still expect some decent cuts.

    The big issue here again is the Pubic Service. Are these ppl going to be dealt with in the same manner as everyone else or not? Its simply not fkn good enough that the most protected and the most under productive ppl in the workforce are protected further.

    an interesting year ahead,
    Westside.
    Nurses, Gardai, firefighters etc ammm yes.....very unproductive(me thinks not) ...and protected how?
    They have had substantial pay cuts!
    You want some sacked is it?
    Well how exactly will that benefit the people that require ther sevices 24/7?

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dannyboy10 For This Useful Post:

    dr love (21-11-10), steerbyderear (22-11-10)

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    1,199
    Reviews
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy10 View Post
    Nurses, Gardai, firefighters etc ammm yes.....very unproductive(me thinks not) ...and protected how?
    They have had substantial pay cuts!
    You want some sacked is it?
    Well how exactly will that benefit the people that require ther sevices 24/7?
    There are numerous efficiencies that could be introduced without affecting the people mentioned.

    Start at the top - cut the number of TDs by AT LEAST 33%.
    The Gods are just, and of our pleasant vices
    Make instruments to plague us

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Outside your window in the bushes!!!
    Posts
    2,965
    Reviews
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scotus View Post
    There are numerous efficiencies that could be introduced without affecting the people mentioned.

    Start at the top - cut the number of TDs by AT LEAST 33%.
    That is a fair coment!



    Hey, Doc, no point thanking my post!!
    I did not include Doctors..They ARE Thieving Bastards!!!
    Last edited by dannyboy10; 21-11-10 at 19:53.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    At home
    Posts
    22,443

    Default

    I also heard that Angela Merkal says the bailout will have no bearing on our Corperate Tax however Sarkosy says he expects us to raise it.

    Sweden also agrees to give Ireland money with no incearse in or Capital tax
    Last edited by Doozer; 21-11-10 at 21:09.
    Join the E-I Fantasy Football League

    http://www.escort-ireland.com/boards...ntasy-Football

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,555
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy10 View Post
    Nurses, Gardai, firefighters etc ammm yes.....very unproductive(me thinks not) ...and protected how?
    They have had substantial pay cuts!
    You want some sacked is it?
    Well how exactly will that benefit the people that require ther sevices 24/7?
    My whole point escapes you.

    it was law , the budget?
    Westside.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •