Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Speed vans

Reviews

You both missed in my first post when I said that the new speed vans use movie cameras. Radar detectors and fancy plates do not work on these new systems. With these vans being mobile, sat navs will be of little use in keeping track of them as they are free to roam wherever they like

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeynut View Post
    You both missed in my first post when I said that the new speed vans use movie cameras. Radar detectors and fancy plates do not work on these new systems. With these vans being mobile, sat navs will be of little use in keeping track of them as they are free to roam wherever they like
    we ignored ur first post but now it makes bit more sense, so we only have one real solution!
    Surely there must b couple of guarda on here, ur input would b appreciated

Do some more research before you make such a generalisation. Some sat-navs can pick up ALL mobile cameras and the plates can't be detected on fixed cameras. Your New (in Ireland) movie cameras can detect multiple speeders but can themselves still be detected.

CG
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Wise men talk because they have something to say;
    fools talk because they have to say something:
    Plato

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by City Gent View Post
    Do some more research before you make such a generalisation. Some sat-navs can pick up ALL mobile cameras and the plates can't be detected on fixed cameras. Your New (in Ireland) movie cameras can detect multiple speeders but can themselves still be detected.

CG
    So when a camera van is on the N11 around Bray at 10.30 and its in Roundwood at 11.30 your sat nav can tell you that ..... My arse it can
    Last edited by Monkeynut; 15-11-10 at 23:36.

So when a camera van is on the N11 around Bray at 10.30 and its in Roundwood at 11.30 your sat nav can tell you that ..... My arse it can
    It will and has, as for your arse it depends on how fast it moves mobile cameras emit a signal that a detector will pick up, why do you think they are being banned? If they didn't work they wouldn't NEED to be banned think about it.

CG
    Last edited by City Gent; 15-11-10 at 23:45.
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Wise men talk because they have something to say;
    fools talk because they have to say something:
    Plato

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mathsteacher View Post
    Surely there must b couple of guarda on here, ur input would b appreciated
    pmsl.........

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345