Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Speed vans

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeynut View Post
    There seems to be an unhealthy attitude towards speeding on this forum which disappoints me greatly. Speed in the wrong hands is dangerous and as has been proved in the UK and other EU countries, speed is a minor contributor to road deaths. Stupidity is the major killer!

Speed is pure

I am a proud member of the 300 (kph) club.
    thats fine in your merc...but some young kid ses you speeding and tries it in his fiesta and dies or kills someone...stupidity is breaking the speed limit mate...i dont care if your vettel or monkeynut...its wrong

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    thats fine in your merc...but some young kid ses you speeding and tries it in his fiesta and dies or kills someone...stupidity is breaking the speed limit mate...i dont care if your vettel or monkeynut...its wrong
    I partially agree with ya there but there are some very good roads outside the city boundaries in Dublin and Galway that have ridiculously low limits which make you feel like you're driving Miss Daisy if you stick to their limit. Whereas you find yourself on some windy pot holed road in the back of beyond and you're within your right to go twice as fast (which you'd only do if you had a death wish)
    Seems to be a lack of common sense where speed limits are concerned.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ChiefHandker For This Useful Post:

benin (15-11-10)

Reviews

I agree with you but the fact is that when you check the garda map , not many cameras on the motorways, so now you see this becomes a money making exercise by placing these cameras in 50/80 km zones ,which will be like shooting fish in a barrell.

Reviews

...its wrong
    Oh no it isnt ....

Quote Originally Posted by An don View Post
    I agree with you but the fact is that when you check the garda map , not many cameras on the motorways, so now you see this becomes a money making exercise by placing these cameras in 50/80 km zones ,which will be like shooting fish in a barrell.
    not really the map is there for all to see ...you know where the camera is and can adjust your speed to avoid the fine...but ffs speeding is wrong and kills so if shooting fish in a barrell stops it its worth shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeynut View Post
    Oh no it isnt ....
    panto is at christmas

Show me a man that says he's never broken a speed limit and i will show you a liar.

CG
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Wise men talk because they have something to say;
    fools talk because they have to say something:
    Plato

Quote Originally Posted by City Gent View Post
    Show me a man that says he's never broken a speed limit and i will show you a liar.

CG
    i often did...but when i nearly killed myself and others in a crash i decided to stop ...maybe speed cameras might just help without someone in a group having to crash/or die for the rest to learn a lesson ..one life saved makes it worth while

..one life saved makes it worth while
    Tell me that when it's proven that ALL the money from these cameras goes to road safety.

CG
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Wise men talk because they have something to say;
    fools talk because they have to say something:
    Plato

Quote Originally Posted by City Gent View Post
    Tell me that when it's proven that ALL the money from these cameras goes to road safety.

CG
    how about when one person slows down because of the cameras and that saves a life regardless of where the money goes.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast