Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Irresponsible or political correctness gone mad?

Default Irresponsible or political correctness gone mad?

The mother who's five year old son decided to dress up as Daphne from Scooby Doo for a Halloween fancy dress party, has been blasted for allowing him to do so.

Other parents @ the party scolded her and branded her irresponsible for doing so...

Is this sexual stereotyping gone mad, or is she an irresponsible mother?

GL
    Last edited by samlad; 10-11-10 at 10:32.
    "Keep it real with me, and I'll keep it real with you"

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I never really saw the point of Daphne. Did she ever do anything, or was she just decorative?

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Gaylord View Post
    The mother who's five year old son decided to dress up as Daphne from Scooby Doo for a Halloween fancy dress party, has been blasted for allowing him to do so.

Other parents @ the party scolded her and branded her irresponsible for doing so...

GL
    NB: face omitted from pic
    fair play to her, i have gay friends and when we go for a few pints the craic is fantastic.lol doc
    Never mistake kindness for weakness .: doc

To be honest if I had a young lad and he wanted to dress up as a female character I don’t think I’d allow him, I just think he’d look a bit silly and he’s not at the age were he fully knows what he’s at I mean I’d also be thinking of what the other kids at the party would say to him, I’d be doing it only to protect him at a young age. If he was a teen or whatever I wouldn’t mind what he went as, as he’d fully understand what he’d doing.
    "Live for nothing or die for something, your call."

Reviews

That's pretty much what I was thinking.

I mean, years later he might wonder what his parents were thinking, allowing him to do this.

There is also the risk that he may be made fun of, or taunted afterwards about it.

When in doubt, why run the risk?
    The Gods are just, and of our pleasant vices
    Make instruments to plague us

Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
    I never really saw the point of Daphne. Did she ever do anything, or was she just decorative?
    She was the brains EL G...

GL
    Last edited by Gaylord; 10-11-10 at 04:16.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRambo View Post
    To be honest if I had a young lad and he wanted to dress up as a female character I don’t think I’d allow him, I just think he’d look a bit silly and he’s not at the age were he fully knows what he’s at I mean I’d also be thinking of what the other kids at the party would say to him, I’d be doing it only to protect him at a young age. If he was a teen or whatever I wouldn’t mind what he went as, as he’d fully understand what he’d doing.
    But isn't that the whole point of halloween JR, to look as 'silly' and 'original' as possible?

GL

Blog Entries
    Reviews

She was the brains EL G...

GL
    I thought Velma was the brains.
    Now I'm going to have to spend the next few hours on youtube, reminding myself who is who.

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
    I thought Velma was the brains.
    Now I'm going to have to spend the next few hours on youtube, reminding myself who is who.
    enjoy i f***ing hated it,
    Last edited by Gaylord; 11-11-10 at 07:42. Reason: language
    Never mistake kindness for weakness .: doc

GL
    NB: face omitted from pic

I think people/parents who decided this is wrong went mad. If I ever have kid then she or he can wear whatever they want for Halloween. At the end of day, Halloween purpose is to have fun and be original.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicole For This Useful Post:

UKHeather (19-11-10)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast