Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cure for Cancer ?

Blog Entries

Exclamation Cure for Cancer ?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sensual Delights For This Useful Post:

magicalman9357 (05-11-10)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Sensual Delights View Post
    sincerely hope so ,all the heart ache that would spared we can but hope.lol doc
    Never mistake kindness for weakness .: doc

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Sensual Delights View Post
    It looks interesting, but these things take time. It would be a while yet before it could be used clinically. For the moment this one looks more likely to be helpful in early detection than in treatment. That would still save a lot of lives, of course.

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

Reviews

Hopefully it works out , its just a pity that it is so late for a lot of our loved ones .

Blog Entries

The problem with cancer is by the time the person knows something is up and it shows in physical symptoms then it well settled in the body. Also they dont know what causes it either.

Im a bit skeptical but hope they do find a cure for it.

Westside.
    Last edited by Westsidex; 06-11-10 at 12:12.

Reviews

Well, Denis Leary doesn't believe there is one.
    Though we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    The problem with cancer is by the time the person knows something is up and it shows in physical symptoms then it well settled in the body.
    That depends somewhat on what type of cancer it is. Some types are more likely to be detected early than others.

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BruceAlmighty View Post
    Well, Denis Leary doesn't believe there is one.
    Well years ago TB was the big killer here and it was sorted. Is it possible to cure cancer? Probably but the treatments now are too much in a lot of cases espeicially for older ppl.

The thing for me with cancer is where did it begin? My mother died back in 1980 and then you would have to make an appointment to hear about cancer. It wasnt so widespread. Since then it has increased to the point of it being common enough. Whats different now as opposed to then? There was stress back then too. There were smokers and drinkers back then too but what wasnt back then was the fucked up air and the chemicals in everything. This is all i can think of so maybe these are creating it? My mother was as calm as calm could be, didnt smoke, didnt drink and was a very good looking healthy woman but died very young of cancer so from what i can think its the increasingly chemical age that we are living in and the fucked up air quality that "could" be causing it. I cant think of anything else that hasnt being there in as much quantity as now.

The problem with finding a cure for it ,is that we dont know what causes it.

Westside.

Reviews

Well, I joke because my own mother died of cancer too, so I can empathise. That's why when I hear of people protesting stem cell research and other similar issues I feel like grabbing their very small heads and squeezing hard.
    Though we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Well years ago TB was the big killer here and it was sorted. Is it possible to cure cancer? Probably but the treatments now are too much in a lot of cases espeicially for older ppl.

The thing for me with cancer is where did it begin? My mother died back in 1980 and then you would have to make an appointment to hear about cancer. It wasnt so widespread. Since then it has increased to the point of it being common enough. Whats different now as opposed to then? There was stress back then too. There were smokers and drinkers back then too but what wasnt back then was the fucked up air and the chemicals in everything. This is all i can think of so maybe these are creating it? My mother was as calm as calm could be, didnt smoke, didnt drink and was a very good looking healthy woman but died very young of cancer so from what i can think its the increasingly chemical age that we are living in and the fucked up air quality that "could" be causing it. I cant think of anything else that hasnt being there in as much quantity as now.

The problem with finding a cure for it ,is that we dont know what causes it.

Westside.
    There are three main reasons you hear about more cases now.
    - Environmental causes That's what you were mostly talking about. That certainly plays a role. Especially for some types of cancer.
    - Social stigma There was a time when cancer was considered shameful. I know that makes absolutely no sense, but that's the way it was. So people didn't really talk much about it, and would often claim that relatives were suffering or had died from something else.
    - Progress on other diseases We're all going to die of something sooner or later. So any reduction in one cause of death must be matched by a rise in some other cause of death. It's still progress, of course, if you're now dying at 60 from a cancer rather than at 20 from TB, but it won't feel that way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast