Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy10 View Post
    boooooooo!
    Brilliant!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    Brilliant!
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to Brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by dark-knight View Post
    As far a I know you don't have to give them your name or address when asked. You are entilted to the right of privacy as they have not witnessed you in breach of the peace ( common law ). I could be wrong and have not tried it.
    in the North you must provide an officer of the law with details of your identity when asked, whether or not it has been established that a crime has been committed. If you don't have ID on you, the you must tell the officer your name and address if asked. If u lie and they check it out, then they will look for an excuse to arrest you. The easiest way to do this is to hit you or verbally abuse you, to try to provoke a response, as it is an offence to abuse a police officer either physically or verbally - automatic 3 years in the joint. So best just to give yr details and then shut up.

I'm sure it's similar in the Republic as I nearly got scooped in Dublin 20 years ago, only the Gard hit me too hard and I went down instead of hitting him back lol. My mates ended up in Mountjoy for the night.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Paddii View Post
    in the North you must provide an officer of the law with details of your identity when asked, whether or not it has been established that a crime has been committed. If you don't have ID on you, the you must tell the officer your name and address if asked. If u lie and they check it out, then they will look for an excuse to arrest you. The easiest way to do this is to hit you or verbally abuse you, to try to provoke a response, as it is an offence to abuse a police officer either physically or verbally - automatic 3 years in the joint. So best just to give yr details and then shut up.

I'm sure it's similar in the Republic as I nearly got scooped in Dublin 20 years ago, only the Gard hit me too hard and I went down instead of hitting him back lol. My mates ended up in Mountjoy for the night.
    Another Northener with a Tall Tale!
    I am SHOCKED!

FYI There is a power of arrest for giving a false name or refusing to give a name or a name they believe to be false.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dannyboy10 For This Useful Post:

Paddii (04-11-10)

1. Give your name and address
    2. Sit tight
    3. Develop amnesia
    3. If you hear from the police tell them they can speak to your solicitor
    5. Instruct a solicitor

Further reading-

"Don't Talk to the Police" by Professor James Duane
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

dannyboy10 (04-11-10), El Gordo (04-11-10)

8. Default

If its Killarney you just might have to nip down to the local Garda station to identify the girls in question.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234