Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: A techie question

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    If im lucky..its with Ms Chambers
    Posts
    2,553
    Reviews
    6

    Default A techie question

    Why cant you search all of a users posts in one go , when the threads seem to back till 2005 but when u look for users posts they dont go back that far , or am i missing something

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,917
    Blog Entries
    1
    Reviews
    33

    Default

    Just go to their user profile and third down under their avatar find all posts.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    If im lucky..its with Ms Chambers
    Posts
    2,553
    Reviews
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dave1dave View Post
    Just go to their user profile and third down under their avatar find all posts.
    I know that but it doesnt seem to show all the posts . Only goes back the same as the search.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    North Korea
    Posts
    16,781
    Reviews
    57

    Default

    As you know there are always ongoing site updates but unfortunately a while ago, probably around last quarter '09 after a major update load of posts were lost from the system, I know I lost about 1500. The post count is correct though, you just can't see them anymore.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to anon361 For This Useful Post:

    An don (01-11-10)

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    If im lucky..its with Ms Chambers
    Posts
    2,553
    Reviews
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    As you know there are always ongoing site updates but unfortunately a while ago, probably around last quarter '09 after a major update load of posts were lost from the system, I know I lost about 1500. The post count is correct though, you just can't see them anymore.
    I dont think they are lost because you can still find them if you go back through the threads. It seems to be a issue with the search parameters, ie. the search is only going back a year or so.
    Last edited by An don; 01-11-10 at 13:07.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    North Korea
    Posts
    16,781
    Reviews
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by An don View Post
    I don't think they are lost because you can still find them if you go back through the threads. It seems to be a issue with the search parameters, ie. the search is only going back a year or so.
    Sorry, you are correct, lost probably wasn't a good word, I suppose you could say the system misplaced them somewhere in it's index files, now only us users can find them if we go looking, sort of like the fake photos really

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    If im lucky..its with Ms Chambers
    Posts
    2,553
    Reviews
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    Sorry, you are correct, lost probably wasn't a good word, I suppose you could say the system misplaced them somewhere in it's index files, now only us users can find them if we go looking, sort of like the fake photos really
    pmsl.

    Maybe someone of the tech staff might let me know.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,353

    Default

    Im sure someone will come along and answer that who knows how eventually lol

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to vampirejackie For This Useful Post:

    An don (01-11-10)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •