Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Amputation

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,856
    Blog Entries
    109

    Exclamation Amputation

    Authorities have amputated the hand of a convicted thief in front of other prisoners in the central city of Yazd, Iran's state radio reported.

    The report did not identify the 32-year-old convict by name or provide details on his crime.

    Iran's judiciary uses a strict interpretation of Islamic law in handing down such sentences. Cutting off the hands of thieves has been rare in Iran in the past, but Sunday's amputation was the second this month. And a week ago, a judge ordered the same punishment for a man who stole from a confectionary shop.

    Critics say amputations and public executions and floggings hurt Iran's image and reflect badly on Islam.

    A death-by-stoning sentence for a woman convicted of adultery has also sparked an international outcry.

    God help the man who is convicted of adultery then . Do they publicly chop off the old tackle ?

    love Tiff xx

    " Tiffany Tees "
    Strangers are friends I have yet to meet.





  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Here, there and everywhere.
    Posts
    14,463
    Blog Entries
    225

    Default

    This is such a cruel practice. I am glad we are living in a more civilised society in regards to punishment for offences. I can see there has to be an improvement in penalties for crimes here but to go to that extent is just so morally wrong, cruel and barbaric.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In Dublin's fair city, Where girls are so pretty..
    Posts
    3,206
    Reviews
    16

    Default

    Unbelievable that this is still tolerated

    Men avoid adultery by having as many many wives as they like.
    Thank you all the ladies I had pleasure of meeting. Forever grateful for the memories

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodney69 View Post
    Unbelievable that this is still tolerated

    Men avoid adultery by having as many many wives as they like.
    yes it is still tolerated in some countries as they are run by fear... but recently look at the couple in dubia from the u.k.. Islamic laws are taken very seriously.. not just that there is many things happening in the u.k and even ireland.. young ladies being punished severely for chosing to live their lifes and families seeing it as dishonour... so its not just Iran the problem is anymore... its all over as communities become more multi cultural it is important to remember there is still cultures living under their own laws and not them of the country they are in..... x
    Last edited by DONEGALANGEL; 25-10-10 at 10:51.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,856
    Blog Entries
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magicalman9357 View Post
    This is such a cruel practice. I am glad we are living in a more civilised society in regards to punishment for offences. I can see there has to be an improvement in penalties for crimes here but to go to that extent is just so morally wrong, cruel and barbaric.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodney69 View Post
    Unbelievable that this is still tolerated

    Men avoid adultery by having as many many wives as they like.
    Quote Originally Posted by DONEGALANGEL View Post
    yes it is still tolerated in some countries as they are run by fear... but recently look at the couple in dubia from the u.k.. Islamic laws are taken very seriously.. not just that there is many things happening in the u.k and even ireland.. young ladies being punished severely for chosing to live their lifes and families seeing it as dishonour... so its not just Iran the problem is anymore... its all over as communities become more multi cultural it is important to remember there is still cultures living under their own laws and not them of the country they are in..... x
    LIGHTEN UP PEOPLE THIS WAS MEANT AS A BIT OF FUN! - Hand chopped off for stealing, cock chopped off for adultery

    " Tiffany Tees "
    Strangers are friends I have yet to meet.





Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •