Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Money and Happiness

Blog Entries

Default Money and Happiness

At various times during my life I have had much more money than I ever needed and the strange thing is that it never made me feel happy. I think there is nothing worse than having a lot of money and being alone with it as this happened when I was quite young and single and whilst i was able to do almost anything I wanted it made no difference at all.
    Growing older and being in a relationship I find that money does make a big difference in being able to make choices be comfortable etc. So I guess what I am saying is that it does bring happiness to a certain degree depending on life circumstances and moreso when it brings happiness to other people. Can't really understand people who say that winning the lotto or having far too much money makes them feel miserable. If that's really the case why just not give it to charity.

2. Default

Money does not bring happiness and no matter how much you have you always want more. But what it does is it gives you the time to find out what makes you happy without having the daily pressure and stress of working for a living.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rockman For This Useful Post:

magicalman9357 (25-10-10)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

Blog Entries

If money doesn't make you happy, try being without it.

RETURNING TO THE EMERALD ISLE SHORTLY
    ❤❤❤❤

The only time money exists, is when you dont have any

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by magicalman9357 View Post
    At various times during my life I have had much more money than I ever needed and the strange thing is that it never made me feel happy. I think there is nothing worse than having a lot of money and being alone with it as this happened when I was quite young and single and whilst i was able to do almost anything I wanted it made no difference at all.
    Growing older and being in a relationship I find that money does make a big difference in being able to make choices be comfortable etc. So I guess what I am saying is that it does bring happiness to a certain degree depending on life circumstances and moreso when it brings happiness to other people. Can't really understand people who say that winning the lotto or having far too much money makes them feel miserable. If that's really the case why just not give it to charity.
    You can earn money. You cant earn happiness. Its a state of mind and like all other states of mind needs to be practiced habitually.

Westside.

Reviews

If I had 5 million bucks I would be happy. I wouldnt want or need anymore.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    If I had 5 million bucks I would be happy. I wouldnt want or need anymore.
    Quite a few famous ppl said this too youll find. They arrive on big buck st and realise that happiness still escapes them. In fact they usually end up even more unhappy because they thought they could buy it but realised it doesnt really follow. They end up a path of self destruction. Its a common story for a lot of these ppl. All because they simply never realised that happiness is a state of mind just like all other emotions. They were sold a story of "someday, somehow, somewhere and i will be happy". Doesnt always follow.

Westside.
    Last edited by Westsidex; 25-10-10 at 11:53.

Money does help reduce the stress of every day living expenses and that's for sure!! I've had money and haven't had money and life for me has been so much easier and less stressful when i could afford to live! When you take away the stress then you can work on yourself and being happy! Life goes up and down and is constantly challenging, but if your going through a hard time and your broke also............ now that sucks, that can destroy a person!!! I'm talking from my own experiences here and i can happily say i'm pretty happy in my life right now!!! It feels good!!

Fi xx

Reviews

Some people would never be happy no matter how much money they have.
    “Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same”
    Alan Ball

Justice For The 96

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast