View Poll Results: Should the 30 day ban for using fake photos be waived at Ad Staff discretion?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - If and only if Ad Staff are sure the new photos are real it should be waived at their discretion

    9 60.00%
  • No - It should not be waived at Ad Staff discretion whatever the circumstances

    6 40.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Fake Photos - Some Leniency?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dublin Fair City
    Posts
    8,660
    Blog Entries
    11

    Thumbs up Fake Photos - Some Leniency?

    At the moment the rules for fake photo reports state that "Approved Fake Photo Reports are published on the escort's profile for 3 months, after which time they will expire and no longer show. If staff are sure an escort is using fake photos, they will press a button which will remove the photos and will also prevent the escort uploading any new photos for a period of 30 days. If staff are not sure if the photos are fake or not, they will not do this".

    About this banning for 30 days if we are sure the lady used fake photos. It was brought in for a good reason, that some ladies just kept putting fake photos up again and again, and we needed to do something to stop this.

    However it has occurred to me that some ladies found using fake photos may simply be new and inexperienced and have made a judgement mistake in not using real photos, but are not actually 'bad' escorts so to speak. I think we should be trying to get these ladies using real photos above all else. Yes we must punish those who use fake photos to discourage the practice, but we don't want to be overly harsh as what we really want is to get them to realise the error of their ways and use real photos, not drive them away and all they'll probably do is start a new ID here.

    What I'd like to propose is: If a lady is found using fake photos and given the 30 day ban, at Ad Staff discretion, if she provides genuine photos and we are 100% they are genuine, waive the ban and put her real photos up. The fake photo report would still remain on her profile for 3 months, but we'd have shown leniency in not enforcing the 30 day photo ban, in recognition of the fact that we are now sure she is using real photos. This wouldn't help the escorts who want to keep using fake photos, as they wouldn't be providing real photos, but it would help escorts who are genuinely sorry and want to change their ways and start using real photos.

    I think we have to remember being an escort can be expensive, the rent, the advertising, the photos etc, and is it in anybody's interest for us to be too harsh on escorts here, if they are prepared to see the error of their ways and use real photos?

    So, I'd like to propose that 30 day ban can be waived at Ad Staff discretion IF and ONLY IF Ad Staff are sure the new photos the lady is providing are genuine.

    I'll add a poll to get some feedback.

    Thanks

    Pat x

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    427
    Reviews
    11

    Default

    I am in favour of all of the above.......... as long as EI have been paid.
    Once said funds have been received. Game on.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,555
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    It should be waived under these circumstances. What punters want at the end of the day is genuine real photos and if ad staff are happy that a woman under a ban has provided 100% genuine photos then i cant see the harm in waiving the ban.

    Sincerely,
    Westside.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Look behind you
    Posts
    16,654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    At the moment the rules for fake photo reports state that "Approved Fake Photo Reports are published on the escort's profile for 3 months, after which time they will expire and no longer show. If staff are sure an escort is using fake photos, they will press a button which will remove the photos and will also prevent the escort uploading any new photos for a period of 30 days. If staff are not sure if the photos are fake or not, they will not do this".

    About this banning for 30 days if we are sure the lady used fake photos. It was brought in for a good reason, that some ladies just kept putting fake photos up again and again, and we needed to do something to stop this.

    However it has occurred to me that some ladies found using fake photos may simply be new and inexperienced and have made a judgement mistake in not using real photos, but are not actually 'bad' escorts so to speak. I think we should be trying to get these ladies using real photos above all else. Yes we must punish those who use fake photos to discourage the practice, but we don't want to be overly harsh as what we really want is to get them to realise the error of their ways and use real photos, not drive them away and all they'll probably do is start a new ID here.

    What I'd like to propose is: If a lady is found using fake photos and given the 30 day ban, at Ad Staff discretion, if she provides genuine photos and we are 100% they are genuine, waive the ban and put her real photos up. The fake photo report would still remain on her profile for 3 months, but we'd have shown leniency in not enforcing the 30 day photo ban, in recognition of the fact that we are now sure she is using real photos. This wouldn't help the escorts who want to keep using fake photos, as they wouldn't be providing real photos, but it would help escorts who are genuinely sorry and want to change their ways and start using real photos.

    I think we have to remember being an escort can be expensive, the rent, the advertising, the photos etc, and is it in anybody's interest for us to be too harsh on escorts here, if they are prepared to see the error of their ways and use real photos?

    So, I'd like to propose that 30 day ban can be waived at Ad Staff discretion IF and ONLY IF Ad Staff are sure the new photos the lady is providing are genuine.

    I'll add a poll to get some feedback.

    Thanks

    Pat x
    How about an intial five day ban, to give time for new photographs, if not rectified a full thirty day ban? I have just taken a quick look at three or four profiles in one area- I haven't got tine eye on this machine but I am sure they would be matches. It is also worth noting that the text on a lot of these profiles is incredibly similar- pointing towards not so independent. I understand what you are saying, but financial penalties may be the only way to get the message across because at the moment it is the clients who are paying the penalty for this dishonesty.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

    Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    North Korea
    Posts
    16,828
    Reviews
    57

    Default

    I think the ban on her being able to upload her own photos should stay in place but if she submits genuine photos then fine, let ad staff publish them.
    We all have seen it before where a girl submits genuine pictures but once she sees it's outside office hours up go the fake ones and by morning she reloads the genuine ones..

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Indoors with Emmasweet
    Posts
    36,636
    Blog Entries
    15
    Reviews
    61

    Default

    as iahaf said agree with all proposed anything to get rid of fakes good for punters and genuine escorts.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dublin Fair City
    Posts
    8,660
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    The trouble with you two - Lucy and Anon - is you are very smart and great ideas, but our poor nerds are already worked to death without us giving them more complicated software changes to impliment!

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Patricia For This Useful Post:

    anon361 (23-10-10)

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    North Korea
    Posts
    16,828
    Reviews
    57

    Default

    PS. I voted no because you don't have the option I would agree with, ban stays in place on her being able to upload pictures but Ad staff is allowed publish authenticated genuine ones for her.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Look behind you
    Posts
    16,654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    The trouble with you two - Lucy and Anon - is you are very smart and great ideas, but our poor nerds are already worked to death without us giving them more complicated software changes to impliment!
    Sorry Pat. The new site upgrade is fab.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

    Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    843
    Reviews
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    How about an intial five day ban, to give time for new photographs, if not rectified a full thirty day ban? I have just taken a quick look at three or four profiles in one area- I haven't got tine eye on this machine but I am sure they would be matches. It is also worth noting that the text on a lot of these profiles is incredibly similar- pointing towards not so independent. I understand what you are saying, but financial penalties may be the only way to get the message across because at the moment it is the clients who are paying the penalty for this dishonesty.
    Lucy, you can get to tine eye straight from a webbrowser, click TinEye Reverse Image Search and put in the URL of the girl<s> and click on the picture to verify it. No need to have the plugins installed.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to corkpunter For This Useful Post:

    Lucy Chambers (23-10-10)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •