Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ip conflict

Reviews

I knew if I left ye kids alone you would figure it out all by yourselves, you all make me so proud.
    Ps. Next time just turn off and on your laptop, no need to re-install anything, your PC will drop the ip in was assigned and get a new one on restart. There are other ways if you are any way technical but why make things complicated as Lucy said ..
    Last edited by anon361; 23-10-10 at 12:31.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to anon361 For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (23-10-10)

Blog Entries

Clear the cookies..........

Now that's goos advice...........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    I knew if I left ye kids alone you would figure it out all by yourselves, you all make me so proud.
    Ps. Next time just turn off and on your laptop, no need to re-install anything, your PC will drop the ip in was assigned and get a new one on restart. There are other ways if you are any way technical but why make things complicated as Lucy said ..
    Actually, you might be able to help me. I have both Vodaphone UK and IRL installed, yet when I try and use the IRL it will not connect while the UK is installed, I end up having to remove the UK, and only use the IRL. What do I do? Its a pain..
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

Reviews

ifconfig or ipconfig as you allude to. Personally I find the least complicated one to use to be a hammer. Big problem, big hammer, small problem, small hammer. Works wonders.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to corkpunter For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (23-10-10)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    ....actually? Mmm. Looks like I am having Luther for supper.
    Well I'm not surprised, I am rather tasty...........
    L

Blog Entries

Actually, you might be able to help me. I have both Vodaphone UK and IRL installed, yet when I try and use the IRL it will not connect while the UK is installed, I end up having to remove the UK, and only use the IRL. What do I do? Its a pain..
    There's a conflict because that are running almost identical programs. Not much you can do about this other than what you're doing.....

Like asking your computer to tell the difference between turkey and chicken, it's difficult sometimes and may cause confusion and conflict...........
    L

9. The Following User Says Thank You to luther For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (23-10-10)

Reviews

Without knowing which OS you are using Ie. XP, Vista, Win7 I can't give you exact instructions but if you go into control panel then Network and Sharing centre and on the left either manage devices or adapter settings it will show you the adapters installed, just right click on the one you are not using and click disable and restart. No need to reinstall, just enable and disable whichever one you need.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to anon361 For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (23-10-10)

Blog Entries

Don't listen to super slong Lucy. You're a woman, what you're already doing must be right.............
    L

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by corkpunter View Post
    ifconfig or ipconfig as you allude to. Personally I find the least complicated one to use to be a hammer. Big problem, big hammer, small problem, small hammer. Works wonders.
    Not really, ipconfig only shows you the current settings, I was more thinking she could right click on the network activity icon bottom right of her screen and select repair connection but which connection would she be repairing and if she is using XP the icon might not even be there.

Reviews

Not really, ipconfig only shows you the current settings, I was more thinking she could right click on the network activity icon bottom right of her screen and select repair connection but which connection would she be repairing and if she is using XP the icon might not even be there.
    Sorry, should have added Mac and Win. ipconfig does more on the Mac side than on the Win side. But this is getting to the complicated side of things.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast