Thread: Changes!!!!

Love Changes!!!!

tonight I was out for a walk and noticed a lot of changes that are in my area from when I was a teenager... my p1 shcool is away and now private apartments... The garage we all used to hang around at night is now a mc donalds... The playing fields we ran around in the summer is now houses also... the river we swam in is so dirty you would not let a dog swim in it... the conker trees we use to throw sticks at is now gone... the quiet roads we used to cycle on is now busy with traffic... do these changes creep up on us and suddenly they are in our face.. or is it we know they are happening and just close our eyes...x
    Last edited by DONEGALANGEL; 21-10-10 at 20:41.

Blog Entries

Every house I have lived in when I was growing up is now demolished and replaced with modern buildings. I find it sad in many respects that I am unable to visit those places and to be reminded of what happy times I had there. Some towns I have lived in have changed beyond all recognition. Yes it's the rapidly changing scoiety we live in which I think they call progress.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to magicalman9357 For This Useful Post:

DONEGALANGEL (21-10-10)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by DONEGALANGEL View Post
    tonight I was out for a walk and noticed a lot of changes that are in my area from when I was a teenager... my p1 shcool is away and now private apartments... The garage we all used to hang around at night is now a mc donalds... The playing fields we ran around in the summer is now houses also... the river we swam in is so dirty you would not let a dog swim in it... the conker trees we use to throw sticks at is now gone... the quiet roads we used to cycle on is now busy with traffic... do these changes creep up on us and suddenly they are in our face.. or is it we know they are happening and just close our eyes...x
    Yes I remember when I was a lad watching Matthew Hopkins hanging all the witches, those were the the days my friend, (Mary Hopkins).
    Once a prick - always a prick.

Blog Entries

There's a song by the Pretenders about the city being gone from all the changes that I always think of when i go back to San Francisco and marvel at all the changes, developers call it 'Genterfication' I call it ''my city is fucked''

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anitasizzle View Post
    There's a song by the Pretenders about the city being gone from all the changes that I always think of when i go back to San Francisco and marvel at all the changes, developers call it 'Genterfication' I call it ''my city is fucked''

Here's a classic from Scot McKenzie.

Once a prick - always a prick.

Reviews

Luxury........

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DONEGALANGEL View Post
    it's a pretty awful situation, when i was younger we had pretty much all you described above now there are apartments and shops in place of everything. it's a sad state when I return there to visit friends still living in the area, i hate seeing it

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monster_monster For This Useful Post:

DONEGALANGEL (21-10-10), magicalman9357 (21-10-10)

Quote Originally Posted by rover View Post
    Here's a classic from Scot McKenzie.

See! There's something else that's changed. When I was a kid that song was.. If You're Going To Sad Franks Disco

Blog Entries
    Reviews

The motorways,love em hate em,when I was a kid ,we used to take trips to see the rellies in the country ,and you pass all the towns on the way to Cork ,it was great as a dub to drive through the countryside and see life going on in the towns ,now we just hit the motorway its faster but so monotonous.It makes me wistful for the old bottlenecks
    a thousand kisses deep..

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ric Hardgear For This Useful Post:

DONEGALANGEL (22-10-10)

i remember when i was a teenager (im only 35 now) i could step outside my house and all around me was fields and trees....i just had a look now tis still the same...well i do live on a farm.