Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks or Like or Both

Blog Entries

Default Thanks or Like or Both

I have read lots of different articles on the general discussion board and have an option of saying thank you to people for making a posting. I't just that I sometimes feel a bit of a twat saying thank you and would prefer to be able to tick something to say I like the posting instead. Am I missing something and is there already some type of button like this to click? As I said before I am very new here so please bear with me. Thanks (or is it like?)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to magicalman9357 For This Useful Post:

bluefan1 (31-03-13), Westsidex (21-10-10)

Reviews

You can rep someone's post by clicking on the star on the top right of their post. See, I'll rep your post to show you. You can check your rep on your profile page.

And now you have your second rep bar
    Last edited by Mousey; 21-10-10 at 12:37.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by magicalman9357 View Post
    I have read lots of different articles on the general discussion board and have an option of saying thank you to people for making a posting. I't just that I sometimes feel a bit of a twat saying thank you and would prefer to be able to tick something to say I like the posting instead. Am I missing something and is there already some type of button like this to click? As I said before I am very new here so please bear with me. Thanks (or is it like?)
    Ask John Murphy,
    Westside.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey View Post
    You can rep someone's post by clicking on the star on the top right of their post. See, I'll rep your post to show you. You can check your rep on your profile page.

And now you have your second rep bar
    The rep star hadn't been working properly for a while, as you could only see half the screen.
    It seems to be working again, so you now have another rep bar magicalman.

Engaging Personality
    Mesmerising Eyes
    Magnificent Ass
    Adorable Lady
    Sexy, Wicked, Enticing, Erotic, Tease

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Forrest For This Useful Post:

magicalman9357 (21-10-10)

Blog Entries

Thanks very much for that. What I was curious about is would it not be easier for people to be able to click on a 'Like' button the way there is a 'thank you' button rather than having to reply if they don't want to? Say for example someone calls me a prick and I dont want to thank them for that but I do like what they have to say. Then a 'like' button would be useful. Sorry if I seem to be going round the world here.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Thanks very much for that. What I was curious about is would it not be easier for people to be able to click on a 'Like' button the way there is a 'thank you' button rather than having to reply if they don't want to? Say for example someone calls me a prick and I dont want to thank them for that but I do like what they have to say. Then a 'like' button would be useful. Sorry if I seem to be going round the world here.
    So you might like people that call you a prick, but you won't thank them for doing so.
    In the rep star section you can add a brief comment indicating the reason you approve or disapprove of a post, instead of replying. It's far better if you reply adding your comment, than just clicking thanks or the rep star.

Engaging Personality
    Mesmerising Eyes
    Magnificent Ass
    Adorable Lady
    Sexy, Wicked, Enticing, Erotic, Tease

Blog Entries

Thanks very much for making the effort to respond and I do like what you have to say too. Yes makes good sense.

Thanks very much for making the effort to respond and I do like what you have to say too. Yes makes good sense.
    I think for many people anyway, the thanks feature is an acknowledgement that someone likes a post.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

magicalman9357 (21-10-10)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

How often do you feel like saying "Thanks for that post, even though I didn't like it"?

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

and I have harmed your rep by disapproving of your post and calling you a loser....................just to demonstrate a point of course :-)

you just went from 3 bars back to 2 !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast