Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: News Flash! D.A.D.T

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    373

    Default News Flash! D.A.D.T

    A US federal court has ruled that openly gay and lesbian men and women can join the American military.

    A Californian judge, Virginia Phillips, has ruled that the Don't Ask, Don't Tell law implemented under President Clinton in 1993 was unconstitutional.

    Are we there yet?


    GL
    "Keep it real with me, and I'll keep it real with you"

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    5,879
    Reviews
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaylord View Post
    A US federal court has ruled that openly gay and lesbian men and women can join the American military.

    A Californian judge, Virginia Phillips, has ruled that the Don't Ask, Don't Tell law implemented under President Clinton in 1993 was unconstitutional.

    Are we there yet?


    GL
    Getting there, though who would be mad enough to want to join the US Army.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    Getting there, though who would be mad enough to want to join the US Army.
    With an opportunity of seeing the world, who could resist, a lot of Americans don't get such an opportunity....

    GL
    "Keep it real with me, and I'll keep it real with you"

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    At home
    Posts
    22,443

    Default

    You might as well get shot abroad more than at home. Good knews though about the DADT. If gays and lesbians want to be involved thats their choice
    Join the E-I Fantasy Football League

    http://www.escort-ireland.com/boards...ntasy-Football

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    5,879
    Reviews
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaylord View Post
    With an opportunity of seeing the world, who could resist, a lot of Americans don't get such an opportunity....

    GL
    I dunno, I'd rather not see the world and not put my life in jepardy than see the world and run the risk of being blown up by some random road mine.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    In a cathouse
    Posts
    3,548
    Blog Entries
    1
    Reviews
    26

    Default

    The outcome is far from certain. The administration is appealing the decision. But, importantly, the judge has not delayed the effect of the ruling pending appeal. So it is in force, at least for now.

    “I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to El Gordo For This Useful Post:

    Gaylord (20-10-10)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •