Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Employers join the the new Exclusive LALA federation of Ireland

Blog Entries

Default Employers join the the new Exclusive LALA federation of Ireland

Are some of these employers for fuckin real? I see they are coming along with their WPP1 and WPP 2 and WPP 34 /5. Whats wrong with these idiots? Free labour? Jesus even slaves got fed and shelter 200 years ago. What motivation is there for a person trying to earn a living to make a loss by having commuting expenses to go to work for their welfare money? This is just another eg of how backward this country is. Its prehistoric.

How does this help the economy? Oh im sorry its helps employers business to stay afloat and help feed the employers family.

doesnt even qualify as rubbish,
    Westside.
    Last edited by Westsidex; 13-10-10 at 13:40.

Blog Entries

there are both advantages and disadvantages to this and you really have to step back and look at it from everyones perspective. I can think of a few off the top of my head but no doubt everyone will see it differently, from a company perspective I know you stated "its helps employers business to stay afloat and help feed the employers family", although true it also helps other employees, if a company needs new staff and can't afford to pay them yet, then using people from the dole may be a way to keep the company going, this in turn lets the company pay it's existing workforce which may one day include yourself, by doing this the staff and company alike can continue to pay taxes etc. to hopefully sort out the mess we are in.

From the perspective of a person on the dole that is currently seeking employment this may be a way in to full time employment, if you do a good job and as a result of using free labour the company is able to grow and being employing again, then you will be taken on. Also, if you don't like your job and would still like to continue looking for employment elsewhere it can help to fill in gaps in your CV, no one in an interview likes to give the answer "fuck all" when asked what they have been up to for the last year.

I am aware that this system is open to being scammed to hell be employers just replacing their free labour with more free labour instead of ever employing people but if monitored correctly it might do a bit of good. I also think people should be given travel expenses etc. if they are working.

Finally as to you stating that even slaves got food and shelter 200 years ago, well what the hell is the dole and social housing, I'm not talking about people that have just been unemployed, I mean the people that make a living off doing nothing and counting on others to pay taxes, all free for them and they don't even have to be whipped to build a pyramid

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by monster_monster View Post
    there are both advantages and disadvantages to this and you really have to step back and look at it from everyones perspective. I can think of a few off the top of my head but no doubt everyone will see it differently, from a company perspective I know you stated "its helps employers business to stay afloat and help feed the employers family", although true it also helps other employees, if a company needs new staff and can't afford to pay them yet, then using people from the dole may be a way to keep the company going, this in turn lets the company pay it's existing workforce which may one day include yourself, by doing this the staff and company alike can continue to pay taxes etc. to hopefully sort out the mess we are in.

From the perspective of a person on the dole that is currently seeking employment this may be a way in to full time employment, if you do a good job and as a result of using free labour the company is able to grow and being employing again, then you will be taken on. Also, if you don't like your job and would still like to continue looking for employment elsewhere it can help to fill in gaps in your CV, no one in an interview likes to give the answer "fuck all" when asked what they have been up to for the last year.

I am aware that this system is open to being scammed to hell be employers just replacing their free labour with more free labour instead of ever employing people but if monitored correctly it might do a bit of good. I also think people should be given travel expenses etc. if they are working.

Finally as to you stating that even slaves got food and shelter 200 years ago, well what the hell is the dole and social housing, I'm not talking about people that have just been unemployed, I mean the people that make a living off doing nothing and counting on others to pay taxes, all free for them and they don't even have to be whipped to build a pyramid
    But why should some person with say a family, already struggling, struggle more so an employers business can stay afloat? This is like asking someone to give blood everyday. The employee will only help themselves in the long run IF it suits the employer. There is no guarantee of a job at the end of the day for the employee only experience so the employee would nearly be better off going back to school and getting an additional qualification. Also it depends on the employers views. If its being used to keep the merc for the wife and alot will do this type of thing then its a disgrace.

Give the employee a promise of a job at the end of the day ,otherwise it only helps the employer. Its sort of like i break my hand to share the pain of you already having broke your leg.

Westside.
    Last edited by Westsidex; 13-10-10 at 14:14.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    But why should some person with say a family, already struggling, struggle more so an employers business can stay afloat? This is like asking someone to give blood everyday. The employee will only help themselves in the long run IF it suits the employer. There is no guarantee of a job at the end of the day for the employee only experience so the employee would nearly be better off going back to school and getting an additional qualification. Also it depends on the employers views. If its being used to keep the merc for the wife and alot will do this type of thing then its a disgrace.

Give the employee a promise of a job at the end of the day ,otherwise it only helps the employer. Its sort of like i break my hand to share the pain of you already having broke your leg.

Westside.
    as I said above I think people should be paid expenses for their travel etc. so this won't impact their struggle in anyway except make them earn their dole. In regard to keeping a business a float well I think the govt should be doing everything possible in keeping all businesses in the country afloat provided the company directors and owners are willing to commit to sacrifices themselves, if we start letting companies fail all around us then unemployment will rise, peoples personal debt will go to shit and banks will start taking more houses, bank debt will rise and the govt will have to bail them out again, not to mention the dwindling taxes that the revenue will take in as more people aren't paying PAYE, PRSI, VAT on goods etc. This will create a greater budget deficit as more will have to paid in unemployment, due to this we as a country will have to borrow more and we will quickly be in a lot worse state.

of course the whole project would have to be carefully monitored to stop companies just constantly hiring and firing every 6-8 months just so they don't have to offer a job, then going looking for more free labour.

Blog Entries

as I said above I think people should be paid expenses for their travel etc. so this won't impact their struggle in anyway except make them earn their dole. In regard to keeping a business a float well I think the govt should be doing everything possible in keeping all businesses in the country afloat provided the company directors and owners are willing to commit to sacrifices themselves, if we start letting companies fail all around us then unemployment will rise, peoples personal debt will go to shit and banks will start taking more houses, bank debt will rise and the govt will have to bail them out again, not to mention the dwindling taxes that the revenue will take in as more people aren't paying PAYE, PRSI, VAT on goods etc. This will create a greater budget deficit as more will have to paid in unemployment, due to this we as a country will have to borrow more and we will quickly be in a lot worse state.

of course the whole project would have to be carefully monitored to stop companies just constantly hiring and firing every 6-8 months just so they don't have to offer a job, then going looking for more free labour.
    Well its true that teh gov should be doing everything about keeping businesses afloat but check out NAMA. Waht sacrafices have the banks taken? Not a lot. The ppl? A lot. These work for your dole programs sort of smell of the same principles. Screw the ppl.

Westside.

Blog Entries

Waht sacrafices have the banks taken?
    not ever working one I haven't a clue but i do have friends that worked in them who have lost their jobs, also speaking to other friends that still have their jobs in banks they tell a far different story that is portrayed in the papers etc. but as I said not working there i can't say for certain.

These work for your dole programs sort of smell of the same principles. Screw the ppl.
    yeah screw the people that don't want to work if you ask me, why should I who pay my taxes etc have to go to work every day when you have long term unemployed sitting at home in a free house with bills paid for and also getting bloody paid for it, it's a joke!!! In the past 15 or so years people have forgotten what it's like to really work and earn money honesty

Blog Entries

yeah screw the people that don't want to work if you ask me, why should I who pay my taxes etc have to go to work every day when you have long term unemployed sitting at home in a free house with bills paid for and also getting bloody paid for it, it's a joke!!! In the past 15 or so years people have forgotten what it's like to really work and earn money honesty
    I understand what your getting at but put these ppl on the work placement programs, not those who want to work or who havnt it easy and have bills to pay. Take those long term unemployed guys who go to the pub when theu collect their dole and then buy cheap drink at night and put them on these programs. Not ppl who have expenses and who want to work.

Westside.

Blog Entries

I understand what your getting at but put these ppl on the work placement programs, not those who want to work or who havnt it easy and have bills to pay. Take those long term unemployed guys who go to the pub when theu collect their dole and then buy cheap drink at night and put them on these programs. Not ppl who have expenses and who want to work.

Westside.
    i suppose you are right with placing the newly unemployed and people that want to work on work placement programs, but at some stage you will have to take them off it and put them in the "work for dole program" (i'm trademarking that name), people need to realise that what we have coming down the line is doing to be brutal and the only way out of it is proper drastic measures. It may sound hard or callous but as a country we are in serious trouble and need to think of the greater good as opposed to vocal minorities and do gooders.

Blog Entries

i suppose you are right with placing the newly unemployed and people that want to work on work placement programs, but at some stage you will have to take them off it and put them in the "work for dole program" (i'm trademarking that name), people need to realise that what we have coming down the line is doing to be brutal and the only way out of it is proper drastic measures. It may sound hard or callous but as a country we are in serious trouble and need to think of the greater good as opposed to vocal minorities and do gooders.

I said put the long term unemplyed on the programs. Put the ones that dont want to work on them. Seriously i see no reason why anyone who wants to work and cant find work should have to work on these programs or feel guilty. Its not like there are plenty jobs around.

Ppl talk about the IMF coming in. I wonder what harm would it be? If they came in ,slashed the dole, slashed this or that but also slashed the cost of living? As it stands we have a government who are not capable or dont want to stabalise the economy. The IMF will do that. Cuts are fine is the cost of living is cut equivalently. Whats killing this country from all angles is the cost of living is still very high relative to most of the otehr EU countries and it needs to be brough back down ,by a lot.

Westside.

Blog Entries

I said put the long term unemplyed on the programs. Put the ones that dont want to work on them. Seriously i see no reason why anyone who wants to work and cant find work should have to work on these programs or feel guilty. Its not like there are plenty jobs around.

Ppl talk about the IMF coming in. I wonder what harm would it be? If they came in ,slashed the dole, slashed this or that but also slashed the cost of living? As it stands we have a government who are not capable or dont want to stabalise the economy. The IMF will do that. Cuts are fine is the cost of living is cut equivalently. Whats killing this country from all angles is the cost of living is still very high relative to most of the otehr EU countries and it needs to be brough back down ,by a lot.

Westside.
    we'll agree to disagree on the dole for work and who should or shouldn't be on it, but as for the bolded text you hit the nail on the head

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast