Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Gay a derogatory term ?

Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
    Okay. Close enough. Just asking, because if you were straight then not being offended by it wouldn't really mean much.

Close enough to which? being straight or gay?

GL
    "Keep it real with me, and I'll keep it real with you"

Reviews

I am bi too, a lot of my close friends know I often referr to a car and other objects like drinks as a bit gay. Its nothing to take offence to I think. The world is going too politicaly correct, soon we won't be able to say anything.
    Last edited by dark-knight; 12-10-10 at 22:10. Reason: the vid

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dark-knight For This Useful Post:

Rayden (13-10-10)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Gaylord View Post
    Close enough to which? being straight or gay?

GL
    In this context, close enough to gay. If we imagine a world where straight is a derogatory term, like "Have you seen that film? It is so straight!", and if we imagine a thread about whether this is offensive to straight people, and if we further imagine that Rayden posted that he wasn't offended by that usage of the word straight, if we imagine all of that then "close enough" would mean close enough to straight.

It would be an interesting experiment, by the way. Try referring to something as "straight" in a dismissive way and see how people react.

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

Like, have a look @ that guy over there he's mad with the drink in him...That's sooooooo straight

How's that ?

GL
    "Keep it real with me, and I'll keep it real with you"

Reviews

Only if the penis is pointing in the direction of MY bum.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Iashaf For This Useful Post:

Gaylord (14-10-10)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Gaylord View Post
    Like, have a look @ that guy over there he's mad with the drink in him...That's sooooooo straight

How's that ?

GL
    Pretty good, but we should be able to come up with a better example. I'll think about it.

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

Reviews

"Look at that tool in the Chelsea jersey drinking his beer, talking about all the women he has allegedly boned. That is so straight."

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rayden For This Useful Post:

El Gordo (13-10-10)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    "Look at that tool in the Chelsea jersey drinking his beer, talking about all the women he has allegedly boned. That is so straight."
    Better. I think we're getting there.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to El Gordo For This Useful Post:

Rayden (13-10-10)

Reviews

Dont think I have it in me to properly straight-bash.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    Dont think I have it in me to properly straight-bash.
    That's okay, it's not really a marketable skill.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast