Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Carnage On Our Roads

Reviews

Default Carnage On Our Roads

Four dead this weekend in road accidents (so far).

Why does this keep happening? Are we all shit drivers? Are our roads really so bad? Is it a combination of both?

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey View Post
    Four dead this weekend in road accidents (so far).

Why does this keep happening? Are we all shit drivers? Are our roads really so bad? Is it a combination of both?

There are a lot more vehicles on the road these days, so the likelihood of an accident increases.
    There are more motorways, dual carriageways and town/city by-passes, so speed increases.
    The combination of volume of vehicles and increased speed are a cause, but there are a lot of bad drivers out there.
    E.G. Driving in the 'overtake' outside lane below the speed limit, causing other motorists to take more risks like overtake on the inside.
    Not using indicators when they change lanes, coming to a junction where they want to turn right etc.
    Talking on their mobile phones, ogling male/female pedestrians.
    Driving slowly on a single lane road, but out close to the central white line, making it difficult for other motorists to overtake, causing frustration and more risk-taking.
    Last edited by Forrest; 10-10-10 at 10:44.

Engaging Personality
    Mesmerising Eyes
    Magnificent Ass
    Adorable Lady
    Sexy, Wicked, Enticing, Erotic, Tease

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
    There are a lot more vehicles on the road these days, so the likelihood of an accident increases.
    There are more motorways, dual carriageways and town/city by-passes, so speed increases.
    The combination of volume of vehicles and increased speed are a cause, but there are a lot of bad drivers out there.
    E.G. Driving in the 'overtake' outside lane below the speed limit, causing other motorists to take more risks like overtake on the inside.
    Not using indicators when they change lanes, coming to a junction where they want to turn right etc.
    Talking on their mobile phones, ogling male/female pedestrians.
    Driving slowly on a single lane road, but out close to the central white line, making it difficult for other motorists to overtake, causing frustration and more risk-taking.
    Education and 0 tolerance is needed by the parents of kids under 25 IMO, The parents (in most cases) wouldn't take the car if they were going out on the piss yet they allow their kids to with the excuse, sure he/she's old enough now, how can I stop him, BS, tell him/her to take a feckin taxi, give them the money for one if you have to..
    When my kids get a car and while they live under my roof there will be a tracker fitted to it, it will tell me where and at what speed the car was. I don't care if it's OTT, with the amount of youth being killed or being the cause of others being killed I'm quite happy to be the over the top wanker of a dad, I'd prefer that than the alternative..

what puzzles me most when hearing about accidents is the level of public denial when dealing with it.
    There is a single car accident (which is just the politically correct term for "the driver lost control because he was too fast, too drunk, too stupid") and they peel six to eight people aged 15 to 20 out of the wreckage. And then what?
    The obvious questions remain unanswered. Alcohol, drugs, speeding, and why are there seven people in a small hatchback??
    All we hear is that its a great loss for the community and its a tragedy that so many promising youngsters lost their lives.
    Tragedy? Maybe. But why is it impossible to speak about the elephant in the room? Everyone needs proper instructions and lessons before being allowed on the road. Driving licenses should be on probation for the first couple of years. Zero tolerance on alcohol or drugs. And if something goes wrong - speak about it so others can learn.
    The roads here are ok and they have improved significantly in the past decade or so. The weakest link remains to be the driver - everyone has to understand that any car can be a deadly weapon and that it must be used with caution and responsibility.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to littlenick For This Useful Post:

hd7055 (10-10-10), Paddii (10-10-10)

Reviews

Well said

Blog Entries

Shit roads, drinking and driving, and a total disregard for safety rules. People die everyday in car accidents.

RETURNING TO THE EMERALD ISLE SHORTLY
    ❤❤❤❤

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Violette For This Useful Post:

Dirty Harry (10-10-10)

Reviews

provisional licence ireland thats part of the problem peopls are still treating there provisional licence as there full licence especially young lads they think they know it all and that they are such brilliant drivers..and of course drinking and then driving this has unfortunately lead to the carnage on our roads thats if you can call them roads the state there in

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    provisional licence ireland thats part of the problem peopls are still treating there provisional licence as there full licence especially young lads they think they know it all and that they are such brilliant drivers..and of course drinking and then driving this has unfortunately lead to the carnage on our roads thats if you can call them roads the state there in
    This is one the things that really struck me first when I came over. I still don't know how you can have a learners license, it simply doesn't make any sense to me at all. In my eyes, it is one of the biggest reasons why there are so many problems on the roads over here. Ban them, make it compulsory to have to have a full license and you will make it a much safer place. Alas, it'll never happen.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to corkpunter For This Useful Post:

Dirty Harry (10-10-10)

Think the drivers are more at fault than the roads which have improved a lot. Its only last year the adi system came out that actually regulates and moniters driveing instructors. Next year new learner drivers will have to undergo compulsory lessons with an instructor before they can sit there driveing test so hopefully new drivers will learn from an early age how to drive properly. But makeing the roads better etc still dosent allow for people doing stupid things. Allways rem when I first went for lessons with my mother she said your only as good a driver as the person comeing towards you.
    Here for a good time

13. The Following User Says Thank You to kilkennyguy For This Useful Post:

hd7055 (10-10-10)

people need to re think this 'it'll never happen me' attitude & behave in a more responsible manner when driving be more aware of the dangers just common sense approach to driving...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast