Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So called dangerous dogs.

Blog Entries

Cop So called dangerous dogs.

I was walking my guy today and a collie comes over, no lead on him and tries to get stuck in my guy who was on a lead. Nothing too bad, my guy butted him a bit and he ran off to the owner.

A few weeks back a Retriever charges at my guy at speed from a distance, dips under to try and catch him by the chest and ended up with his ear caught in my guys mouth. I managed to pull my guy off before he decided enough was enough.

Heres my problem. You have dominate breeds of dogs but you also have dominant dogs. My guy isnt a dominant dog but some are. Why dont these owners mind their dogs properly? In both of these cases my guy would have finished them off in a snap or two.

I have had Alsations, Huskies and Rotweilers come over to my guy and never a prob. All so called dangerous breeds. Ok i have to watch my guy close even with these ones just in case one of them decides to get stuck in him. But never any probs.

My point is its always the so called respectable owners and so called harmless breeds that cause the probs. Never the "dangerous" ones. If the collie this morning was killed then the newspapers will be plastered with "poor harmless collie killed by by ravaging bull". Nobody sees what causes it. Nobody sees the jogger kicking at the dog to hunt him away while he is watching them next to his own residence. Nobody sees the so called harmless dog charge and try and bite the so called dangerous one.

Im getting sick shit of it sometimes. If i had my way i would let my guy off the lead and f 'them.

annoying,
    Westside.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

jayf1 (11-10-10)

Blog Entries

I think you should rename this thread "So called responsible owners"..........

It's their fault, not the dogs or breed. You were responsible enough to have your dog under control, regardless of the breed, other owners should do the same, regardless of the breed.........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Reviews

IMO the most vicious fecker of a breed out there is the Labrador especially the Black ones for some reason, I wouldn't trust one near my house, way too contrary and one minute they would be docile the next showing there teeth in anger.. Hate them.. Some sites list them as family friendly but a higher percentage don't even have them in their top 10 which is the more accurate I would say..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    I think you should rename this thread "So called responsible owners"..........

It's their fault, not the dogs or breed. You were responsible enough to have your dog under control, regardless of the breed, other owners should do the same, regardless of the breed.........
    True but i dont even have an issue with a dog coming over off the lead. As long as he isnt a cross dog im ok with it. I have to have my guy on a lead if another dog comes along or a person comes along to be on safe side. The last thing i need another dog being killed for no good reason only carelessness of the owner.

Westside.

Reviews

for once i agree with west. i have the same problem my dog is a rotweiler boxer cross he has the build of the rotweiler but the colour of the boxer but he's a big baby and wouldnt harm a fly. best is when the small yappy dogs come over and start he just puts one paw on the little fucker and holds it to the ground he wont even snap at them just holds them down.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    IMO the most vicious fecker of a breed out there is the Labrador especially the Black ones for some reason, I wouldn't trust one near my house, way too contrary and one minute they would be docile the next showing there teeth in anger.. Hate them.. Some sites list them as family friendly but a higher percentage don't even have them in their top 10 which is the more accurate I would say..
    Interestingly enough, anotehr breed i have no issue with. I spoke with a guy that had two black labradors for about twenty mins and the dogs took no notice of each other.

I agree with the black labs over the Golden labs.Boxers are the same. The brindle are alot worse than the reds when it comes to temperment. Having said that there is a diff between a dog who is a domineering and a dog who just happens to be part of a known breed. The problem is if a dog is domineering he will try to bully or fight off the other dog and if the other dog is a fighting type breed then he will kill the domineering one if your not careful.

Westside

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jayf1 View Post
    for once i agree with west. i have the same problem my dog is a rotweiler boxer cross he has the build of the rotweiler but the colour of the boxer but he's a big baby and wouldnt harm a fly. best is when the small yappy dogs come over and start he just puts one paw on the little fucker and holds it to the ground he wont even snap at them just holds them down.
    Had a boxer before. Never had a rot. Im never big on cross breeding much but never thought of that mix. Sounds like a nice dog. Boxers are a pretty good dog to cross breed by the looks of it. Every single cross breed from a boxer that i have seen has being a good dog.

Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    I've had black and golden and have been around both colours all my life and never an issue but I would say it's not always in the breed. Temprament can be conditioned by training, or lack of. Also be the treatment of an individual dog........

If you were beaten, starved, abused or kicked in the nuts every day would you still be smiling???

Maybe it's a species thing for you Anon...........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Reviews

Most people aren't even aware there are rules regarding certain breeds of dog with on the spot fines of €30 for breaching them, I blame the Gardai for not enforcing them.

Rules relating to certain breeds of dog

The Control of Dogs Regulations 1998 (S.I. No. 442 of 1998) impose additional rules in relation to the following breeds (and strains/cross-breeds) of dog in Ireland:
    • American Pit Bull Terrier
    • English Bull Terrier
    • Staffordshire Bull Terrier
    • Bull Mastiff
    • Dobermann Pinscher
    • German Shepherd (Alsatian)
    • Rhodesian Ridgeback
    • Rottweiler
    • Japanese Akita
    • Japanese Tosa
    • Bandog
    The rules state that:
    • These dogs (or strains and crosses of them) must be kept on a short strong lead by a person over 16 years who is capable of controlling them
    • These dogs (or strains and crosses of them) must be muzzled whenever they are in a public place
    • These dogs (or strains and crosses of them) must wear a collar bearing the name and address of their owner at all times.

The problem with popular breeds (ex; labrador,collies...) is that they have been degenerated by inner family cross breeding (brother with sister, father with daughter....) and so on.
    the result is that breeders can have more puppies for sale and that they tend to look better.the biggest downside is that usually theses dogs have big emotional problems to say the least. In short they are "degenerated morons".
    On top of that, you add the ignorance of the owner, and then you have a real time bomb on your hand.
    Watch the dog whisperer , the stupidity and ignorance of some dog owners is trully mind boggling, It almost makes you feel like an ownership test prior to getting a dog is necessary, but that would be adding more control of our lives to the state that has already too much.(in my opinion)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast