Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So called dangerous dogs.

Blog Entries

By the way the most dangerous situation i was in with dogs was surrounded by about half dozen Pekingese who had an issue with me. Not on that list i see. Saucy threatening little geits. My crime? For walking into their shop yard to buy stuff. Yet i dont want Peks muzzled because i had one bad experience with them. It was my own fault.

Westside.
    Last edited by Westsidex; 11-10-10 at 17:36.

Reviews

I give up, how can you have a serious conversation with a person about the law and it's merits when they come out with such utter shite, seriously, if you are not going to follow the law and muzzle your dog would you at least consider one of these for yourself

Did you ever consider the facts that most attacks by dogs against humans and unfortunately children is by one of these breeds and if forcing dog owners to muzzle their dogs saves one of these from being attacked well then I think it's a law worth enforcing. Who gives a shit if another dog starts picking on your mongrel, the law isn't designed to protect your bloody dog, mind you there should be a law to protect him from you..

Surely your dad has one of his famous bits of advice on the subject that you could regurgitate for us to show how far back the problem in your ene pool goes..
    Last edited by anon361; 11-10-10 at 23:51.

Blog Entries

I'm sorry Anon, but it's your own fault for making up those irritating laws that you did earlier...........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    I'm sorry Anon, but it's your own fault for making up those irritating laws that you did earlier...........
    Westie's just upset because he can't bring his dog out for a walk anymore, even if he does muzzle it he'd still be breaking the law, he can't even control the shite that he comes out of his mouth yet a lone an animal of higher intelligence. I'd have serious concerns he doesn't even meet the other criteria of having a mental age over 16

I like dogs to have a bit of spunk and aggression to them.

The best dog I had was the one that tore open my skin all over my back for no reason other than I went out to try to help mum get him tied to his leash at night when I was 11 years old. I still don't really know why he did it.

If he had a huge bone, nobody would dare go near him. He would let out this really loud, really deep growl, not like a normal growl but a REALLY loud/deep one. Even if you had no intention of touching his bone and just wanted to get something at that part of the room or something you couldn't do it or would have to be really careful. I never wanted to speak to an animal more than when I wanted to tell him "Sam, I don't want your bone, I want to get to the fridge!!!", but I couldn't do it!!!

Once for some reason his bone went underneath our shed and he couldn't get it. My dad put his hand under the shed to get it for him and he bit his hand... lol. That's gratitude.

But he was a great dog. When you came home he would get so excited it was ridiculous. He would go crazy excited and jump up at you constantly for at least five minutes.

Once when we went on holidays we put him with a group that look after dogs when their owners are away. Sam went along and was nice and friendly to them there when we showed we were friends. However as soon as he realized we were gone, they told us he got extremely paranoid and growling and wouldn't let them pet him or anything. He wouldn't run around like the other dogs.

Another time, (unfortunately my parents were trying to get rid of him by this stage, I have never forgiven them for this).... there was a man who came to try to take him away with him, "adopt" him. And Sam blew his top, he went crazy on him and tore apart the sleeve of his jacket. I was so proud of him that day when I found out what happened.

If you did something to piss my dog off, he wouldn't like you for it and wouldn't forget it. He might growl and threaten to bite you. I'm glad for that... I hope the aggressive instinct isn't being bred out of dogs, when dogs are aggressive 99%+ of the time they SHOULD be aggressive. You shouldn't ever blame the dog. There are no bad dogs, only bad owners.

I would hate to have a dog that was always afraid to stand up for himself, how can you ever have a relationship with an animal that is just afraid of you? You can't. It only means something if the dog could bite your face off if he chose to, but instead it was more like you trying to stop him from licking your face (which he would almost forcibly do sometimes as well).

However all of these things apply to smaller dogs of course, not big rottweilers who could kill you. I would never want one of them to have thoughts of attacking me for any reason, because I mightn't ever come out of it...

When I was very small (from when I was born), we had another bigger dog that used to fight other dogs but never ever would show any aggression to us. I remember being with him on our lawn when he was about the same height as me, and he was such a calm, nice guy. But when the other dogs came around to our place (which they would in a certain wooded area), he would go crazy after them. I greatly like and appreciate that type of dog as well, a dog doesn't HAVE to be aggressive, but I'm just saying that it certainly isn't always a bad thing.
    Last edited by nicegirlsarenice; 12-10-10 at 00:36.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
    I like dogs to have a bit of spunk
    I bet you do

7. The Following User Says Thank You to An don For This Useful Post:

Dirty Harry (12-10-10)

Reviews

I don't like dogs. People shouldn't be allowed to have the bigger breeds in cities. Dogs are stupid. People who like dogs are stupid. Wouldn't you prefer to have something small, cute, and furry, like a..... hamster?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey View Post
    I don't like dogs. People shouldn't be allowed to have the bigger breeds in cities. Dogs are stupid. People who like dogs are stupid. Wouldn't you prefer to have something small, cute, and furry, like a..... hamster?

i love dogs they are great pets ..but i would love a heavy metal hamster LoL

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    i love dogs they are great pets ..but i would love a heavy metal hamster LoL
    Rock on, Harry!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mousey For This Useful Post:

Dirty Harry (12-10-10)

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey View Post
    Rock on, Harry!

last one into the mosh pits a dirty rat

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast