Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mental health day

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation mental health day

tomorrow is mental health day everyone.. and it is important to remember that not everyone has a good healthy balance.. I hear a lot of you saying not my problem.. but a bit of useful imformation for you 1 in 4 people suffer from a mental health problem and it is considered in the future that depression will be the highest health problem..x

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to DONEGALANGEL For This Useful Post:

Dirty Harry (09-10-10), dr love (10-10-10), El Gordo (09-10-10), hd7055 (09-10-10), Iashaf (09-10-10), Irish Aeilis (09-10-10), JohnRambo (11-10-10), Liberty Love (11-10-10), luther (09-10-10), monster_monster (09-10-10), Patricia (09-10-10), Rayden (09-10-10), westcorklad (09-10-10)

Blog Entries

Well done babe......

World Mental Health Week

"It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luther For This Useful Post:

DONEGALANGEL (09-10-10), hd7055 (09-10-10)

Reviews

Not trying to turn this into a music thread but

YouTube - Mad World - Gary Jules

Nobody would hurt or ever get depressed or mental health problems if we all lived as we were evolved to live in nature. Maybe they would get hurt in a natural way, such as when losing a friend... but that is a natural and normal thing and nothing compared to the chronic hurt and disease in today's society.

Some of those pills and drugs doctors push at people do devastating and horrible damage to people and they are a MULTI-BILLION euro industry for the pharmaceutical companies!!! I especially feel sorry for the old people and naive people who are being pushed and pushed these pills. I prefer this song:

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Mental health problems can be caused by many things, such the lost of a loved one, getting thrown around by someone you love, or just because there's a mountain of problems that you cannot get over.

If not treated correctly, this will result in physical damage: automutilation, physically hurting other people, suicide and the likes. Emotional problems are way harder to solve than physical problems, with the mind just a pill simply does not work. People who have a mental health problem (and not only depression) need someone they can talk to, someone that they can rely on, love and affection. It's very hard for other people to provide that, because you never know what may happen.

But if you encounter someone like that, don't let them just walk away, take your time and listen to them, and give them what they need, that can be something as 'dull' as a good hug, a good talk, or sex for god's sake. It does not matter, as long as you show them that they still matter to you, that is the most important thing.
    Is this the land where sun brightly shines, is this the existence of a heaven's sign?
    Is this the locus the hallowed focus, where grace love and harmony combine?

Rotting Christ - Nemecic

Who Am I? A son of northern darkness.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to robijntje For This Useful Post:

DONEGALANGEL (10-10-10), El Gordo (10-10-10), Experienced Punter esq (10-10-10), hd7055 (10-10-10)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
    Some of those pills and drugs doctors push at people do devastating and horrible damage to people and they are a MULTI-BILLION euro industry for the pharmaceutical companies!!! I especially feel sorry for the old people and naive people who are being pushed and pushed these pills. I prefer this song:

Whats so stable about a guy making a video singing sweet harmony bolloxed naked? Give me the pills over this anyday.

Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Whats so stable about a guy making a video singing sweet harmony bolloxed naked? Give me the pills over this anyday.

Westside.
    Pills are not always the answer. Different things work for different people. Personally I'd be avoiding the pills and trying the other stuff first but each to their own.......
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DONEGALANGEL View Post
    tomorrow is mental health day everyone.. and it is important to remember that not everyone has a good healthy balance.. I hear a lot of you saying not my problem.. but a bit of useful imformation for you 1 in 4 people suffer from a mental health problem and it is considered in the future that depression will be the highest health problem..x
    Does everybody want a healthy balance? I dont. you see for me to have a healthy balance i have to slacken off on some areas that i like doing even if its too much and put emphasis on other areas which i dont like doing. So in retrospect is being mentally balanced conducive to achievement in particular areas that a person might want? I dont think it is. Im not referring to depression although i think being unbalanced and throwing your heart and soul into soemthing of worth to you will help that too.

Westside.
    Last edited by Westsidex; 10-10-10 at 19:03.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Something of worth to you... Make sure it's not a human being.

In today's society, money and self-importance are they key values to continue on. Humans will always look after themselves first, before addressing any other being. As long as you have money, you will be helped, with a fake smile, fake words and someone who listens to you... as long as you pay. Once you're out of money, out of time or simply a person in need that cannot supply money, people try to get rid of you as soon as possible. They don't say it, but you can hear it, feel it, but it is hard to understand.

Should we blame them then? I don't know if you can blame anyone, but as it seems, if you have a problem, the general message is: 'Go solve it on your own, come back if you have money.'

Sad but true story.
    Is this the land where sun brightly shines, is this the existence of a heaven's sign?
    Is this the locus the hallowed focus, where grace love and harmony combine?

Rotting Christ - Nemecic

Who Am I? A son of northern darkness.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by robijntje View Post
    Something of worth to you... Make sure it's not a human being.

In today's society, money and self-importance are they key values to continue on. Humans will always look after themselves first, before addressing any other being. As long as you have money, you will be helped, with a fake smile, fake words and someone who listens to you... as long as you pay. Once you're out of money, out of time or simply a person in need that cannot supply money, people try to get rid of you as soon as possible. They don't say it, but you can hear it, feel it, but it is hard to understand.

Should we blame them then? I don't know if you can blame anyone, but as it seems, if you have a problem, the general message is: 'Go solve it on your own, come back if you have money.'

Sad but true story.
    i hope this is not going to turn into a health services bashing thread.there are a lot of us working our nuts off.as usual the bad
    experenices make good headlines. the doc;

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast