Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool FC takeover

Reviews

Default Liverpool FC takeover

I couldn't believe it this morning when I heard a deal was struck between Boston Red Sox to buy Liverpool and clear their debts. If this gfoes through which looks very likely then talk of their demise was premature. I don't like Liverpool but didn't want to see them end up like Leeds.I still don't want them to be challenging for honours. It looks like Torres and Gerrard won't be leaving now. The thing I don't get is why were those guys so desperate to hold on to Liverpool and destroy it at the same time?

I was just thinking if it's so easy for Liverpool to get a buyer then Utd will do the same.
    Help Keyla in her fight with cancer. Every little helps.
    It could happen to any of us.
    https://gofund.me/8e340537

Blog Entries
    Reviews

liverpool might safe but thank god for the beatiful game that is golf.
    on to the fairways any one coming.

Reviews

Delighted that those pair of c***s will end up gettin sweet FA if this proposed deal goes thru . Hicks and Gillett , like the Glazers at United , are nothing more than blood suckers that are taking the life out of both clubs . Seriously doubt that United will be Glazer free anytime soon , but the damage is far worse at Old Trafford with spiralling debts that will cripple the club for the next decade .
    I have no signature at the moment

Blog Entries

Wow. I just was thinking last night about what Baseball team to support; Minnesota, New York, Philadelphia or Boston, Boston won! And since I'm a fan of Liverpool, i like them even more.
    Last edited by anitasizzle; 06-10-10 at 20:26.

Reviews

Next season again Liverpool will be title contenders again with probably a top manager and new players.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
    I couldn't believe it this morning when I heard a deal was struck between Boston Red Sox to buy Liverpool and clear their debts. If this gfoes through which looks very likely then talk of their demise was premature. I don't like Liverpool but didn't want to see them end up like Leeds.I still don't want them to be challenging for honours. It looks like Torres and Gerrard won't be leaving now. The thing I don't get is why were those guys so desperate to hold on to Liverpool and destroy it at the same time?

I was just thinking if it's so easy for Liverpool to get a buyer then Utd will do the same.
    Well there will be some differences. First on Utd having it easy to find a buyer, that wont be the case. This was a 300 mio pound purchase, if it goes through, with the new debt the glazers has put on Utd, they are in debt to the tune of 1.2 billion, which is 4 times as much, on a club that doesn't have as much potential for 4x growth as LFC has.

The reason why they are so desparate to hold onto the club, is because they believe they can make money on it. Same as when Hicks got Corinthians to go bust, the Texas Rangers to go bust etc. He believes he could make money.

Personally I'm absolutely thrilled if these cunts are thrown back to where they came from, especially if they stand to lose money on it, as the rumours are saying they will. Well fucking played by Broughton especially, I wouldn't like to play poker against him.

All this being said, lets see how it pans out, court cases etc. is surely waiting, the first on Friday morning.

Edit, I'm slightly cautiously optimistic, though I'd have preferred Kraft from the Pats, but Henry isn't a bad owner by any stretch, if his prior is anything to go by.
    Last edited by corkpunter; 06-10-10 at 20:33.

Reviews

It'll drag on a while with court cases but I'm sure Liverpool will have funds in January.

At least it's not as likely Utd won't get a backer to rescue them.
    Last edited by thehighwayman; 06-10-10 at 20:37.

Reviews

Is this guy even worth that much? He says he's going to wipe out debt and build a stadium and so on. Hicks and Gillett said this too. He has to wipe out £300mil debt and then the cost of the new stadium, ah what about investing in some good players. This one of the worst Liverpool defences I've seen, it's definitly the worst Liverpool midfield I've seen. The job is too big for the Hodge so they'll have to pay him off as well. Torres almost certainly wants to leave, although there aren't many options for him (maybe Chelsea). Sorry Pool fans, you're in trouble!

Quote Originally Posted by debest View Post
    Is this guy even worth that much? He says he's going to wipe out debt and build a stadium and so on. Hicks and Gillett said this too. He has to wipe out £300mil debt and then the cost of the new stadium, ah what about investing in some good players. This one of the worst Liverpool defences I've seen, it's definitly the worst Liverpool midfield I've seen. The job is too big for the Hodge so they'll have to pay him off as well. Torres almost certainly wants to leave, although there aren't many options for him (maybe Chelsea). Sorry Pool fans, you're in trouble!
    i agree with almost all this post...except im not sorry for the scouse scum lol

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by debest View Post
    It is not him i.e. Henry, it is the consortium behind. Whether they are good or bad remains to be seen, however they have done good things with Red Sox, which is totally opposite what Hicks and Gillette has been doing in their sports investments.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast