Thread: A new language

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default A new language

Up North we're handing our grants left right and centre to promote Ulster Scots "language", which is basically badly pronounced English. However, on reading some of the posts from our Cork brethren, I can't make head nor tail of them! The sentence structure is different, the verbs are placed in funny places. Could it be that Cork people speak a different language? Should we be applying to the Dail for a grant?

Cork is a different country, you knew that right?
    Have their own language an' all like.
    ......life goes on,Like a broken down carousel,Where somebody left the music on

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Will wellhungchap be getting a grant?

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
    Will wellhungchap be getting a grant?
    Deedin he twill an all............Id say.
    The Truth is out there.

Reviews

Deedin tis true fer ya WCL. Tis my own self that do be havin a problem understandin all dudder fellars on here d'way dey do be sh'pakin n all. Deedin tis true deedin tis .....I'd say.

twadin the last phost taht gotend me deedin it did not................id say