Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Question to Ponder

Default A Question to Ponder

We all live busy lives and we all have moral dilemmas. Life can throw good and bad and sometimes tragic events that seem to make me ponder what its all about?.
    Money, friendships, arguments, pride and conscience all effect us all. Its easy to get dragged down and feel that things are not good and there is nothing to be thankful for or happy about.
    In my short life i have seen death and sickness but i have to say what keeps me going is having the pleasure of knowing children that are ill and just get on with life..
    They don't feel sorry for themselves, they get on with it and play when they are well and smile when they can.
    They are an inspiration to me and i feel privileged to be around them and share in what times they have and the minor victories they achieve.
    So my question is what makes you look at life and make you feel privileged.?

This is probably too serious for you all but i thought i would ask.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Torturedarc For This Useful Post:

benin (03-10-10), DaithiMac (04-10-10), dub1 (03-10-10), ERIKA LOVEFORU (04-10-10), hd7055 (03-10-10), JAMESCORK (04-10-10), Lucy Chambers (03-10-10), poggo (04-10-10), rover (03-10-10)

Quote Originally Posted by Torturedarc View Post
    We all live busy lives and we all have moral dilemmas. Life can throw good and bad and sometimes tragic events that seem to make me ponder what its all about?.
    Money, friendships, arguments, pride and conscience all effect us all. Its easy to get dragged down and feel that things are not good and there is nothing to be thankful for or happy about.
    In my short life i have seen death and sickness but i have to say what keeps me going is having the pleasure of knowing children that are ill and just get on with life..
    They don't feel sorry for themselves, they get on with it and play when they are well and smile when they can.
    They are an inspiration to me and i feel privileged to be around them and share in what times they have and the minor victories they achieve.

What a lovely post. Many things make me feel privileged, my health above all. I think that to be alive and well is a gift in itself- and I agree, children are among the most precious gifts life has to offer.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

hd7055 (03-10-10)

Reviews

In my short life i have seen death and sickness but i have to say what keeps me going is having the pleasure of knowing children that are ill and just get on with life.

A bit too deep for me. But I'm sure some of the more thoughtful posters will give their opinion.

Reviews

You should see them in Su*****e House, God love them, they are terminally ill, but are always smiling.
    Once a prick - always a prick.

Blog Entries

"It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to luther For This Useful Post:

anon361 (03-10-10), DONEGALANGEL (04-10-10), Iashaf (04-10-10), Torturedarc (03-10-10)

my family being alive and healthy .....its all i ever wanted and all we ever should ever need

10. The Following User Says Thank You to benin For This Useful Post:

Torturedarc (03-10-10)

Reviews

Kids are an inspiration to us all, but I also think there are many people out there which unknown to ourselves are an inspiration to us also.. I know it's very simplistic but in the first episode of new season of Bones one of the sub plots was who was the gel that glued the team together and I think we all have someone like that or I would wish we all had someone like that to keep us sane and on the right track in life....

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anon361 For This Useful Post:

benin (03-10-10), rover (03-10-10), Torturedarc (03-10-10)

Reviews

.... "what makes me look at life and make me feel privileged ?...

Nothing in particular makes me look at life but I'm grateful that I'm alive, healthy, secure and loved by those near and dear to me ......

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Monkeynut For This Useful Post:

Torturedarc (03-10-10)

Reviews

.... "what makes me look at life and make me feel privileged ?...

Sometimes when life is gettin to me and my head is melted and i'm feeling down , i take a moment and thank the lord that i am who i am and have the life i have compared to others who are dealt such a crap hand in life . I can provide for myself all the necessities that i need , i have a bed to sleep in and friends that make all the difference when times get tough . Also i have good health , which is so much more than so many people out there can say for themselves
    I have no signature at the moment

16. The Following User Says Thank You to rimmerguy For This Useful Post:

Torturedarc (03-10-10)

Reviews

GOOD HEALTH!!!

(It doesn't last forever)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Record 2-time E-I Fantasy Football Champion 2010/11, 2013/14
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast