Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Turn the Wheel.

Reviews

The fatality rate from boy racers is very high, it's non existent with females. Older men are inclined to have a bit of boy racer in them too, leaving aside road rage, how many times have you been chased for a couple of miles by a lady when you were blantantly out of order on the road, I've been chased by a few men who I upset and pretended not to see them, I just kept driving until they passed me out with two fingers and a shake of the fist, phew, I thought they'd never give up.
    Once a prick - always a prick.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Helping someone who cant drive well get in or out of a parking space.Usually a woman (sorry but true). You get the usual conversation, lots of space behind you, your ok etc etc . Now heres the part i never get. Turn the wheel? I mean you think that this would be an obvious reaction to someone who is trying to turn a car out of a space? Apparently not. I saw it today. Turn the wheel and the sweetie was like , ugh? Turn the wheel. I mean they had to turn it to get in right?

yes.,
    Westside.
    there is a lof of men that couldn't park there car ether i was doing my shoping and was waiting outside the shop for a mate of mine when this garda car was trying to park between two cars you could have drove a bus between the two cars but the cop hit the pavement up on the foot path went into reverse grinding his gears and tried to park the car again NO chance he couldn't drive for shit and thats probably the same asshole that would be very quick to issue penalty points to others it would make you laugh the driving standard in this country anyway

Quote Originally Posted by rover View Post
    The fatality rate from boy racers is very high, it's non existent with females. Older men are inclined to have a bit of boy racer in them too, leaving aside road rage, how many times have you been chased for a couple of miles by a lady when you were blantantly out of order on the road, I've been chased by a few men who I upset and pretended not to see them, I just kept driving until they passed me out with two fingers and a shake of the fist, phew, I thought they'd never give up.
    Nonsense. How can anyone seriously deny that females EVER get involved or cause fatal accidents?

When you exclude the boy racers, I am sure that the males have a better record overall.

I saw the spokesperson of an insurance company say there: "We don't discriminate, we differentiate"... lol. It's the same thing!!! Just because you use a word that means the exact same thing when used in that context, but sounds nicer, doesn't make it any different.

I am not a supporter of the whole "anti-discrimination" fascist concept, but maybe this will help some of the feminists and all the anti-discrimination groups to realise that most of the time what they're doing doesn't even make sense.

However, I think that all insurance is a bogus concept to begin with. There's something called "bankruptcy" for if you are completely out of money.
    Last edited by nicegirlsarenice; 03-10-10 at 12:28.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    Absolute shite that women are better drivers than men, statiscally any insurance company will tell you that women are involved in far more accidents than men but as others have pointed out because men generally drive faster than women and are more likely to have passengers the cost due to third party claims is a lot higher.. Nothing to do the the amount of crashes but the bottom line on how much the bill is for each of the sexes..
    Yes but is it the amount of claims or the cost of the different claims that insurance companies take into account? you could have 10 accidents each with a claim of 10,000 but two with a claim in excess of 50,000.

Women might have more accidents but are they major or minor in terms of claims.

Westside.

Reviews

Are women safer drivers than men?

Lady Driver

Before asking why women drivers are safer than men, it's only fair to ask if they actually are safer. Insurers certainly seem to think they are: "women only" insurance companies are becoming commonplace, with insurers saying they'd rather insure women because they're less likely to make a claim.

They've even been able to prove it. Back in 2001, when Admiral Insurance Services received complaints about an advert with the tagline "Diamond only do car insurers for women because women are better drivers", they managed to prove their statement was correct – to the satisfaction of the Advertising Standards Agency. The company provided evidence to suggest that women have fewer accidents, claim for smaller amounts when they do have accidents, and are less likely to be involved in fatal accidents than men are. According to researchers at Brunel University, women are also more likely to comply with the rules of the road, and to remain within the speed limit.

So, having established that women do indeed seem to be safer on the roads than men, it's time to think about why.

According to Claire Corbett, author of the Brunel research paper, the reasons for women's "safer driver" status may be both cultural and biological. Women, for instance, are more likely to be driving with children in the car, and this may make them more likely to drive cautiously. Because of their roles as childrearers, women are more likely to be at home during the day, and therefore less likely to be on the road during the most dangerous times – morning and evening rush hours, when most accidents happen. It also means that they're likely to drive fewer miles, giving them less of an opportunity to be involved in an accident.

As for the smaller claims women make when they are involved in accidents, this could also be explained by the fact that women tend to buy smaller, less expensive cars than their male counterparts. These vehicles cost less to repair than more expensive models, and therefore lead to lower claims and cheaper insurance.

The biological factors that make women statistically safer on the roads, however, may run deeper than the fact that they're more likely to be mothers, with children to look after and less of a need to drive. According to scientists at Bradford University, the female hormone, oestrogen, may also make it easier for women to learn new rules, to concentrate, and to shift attention from one thing to another. Women may still be the butt of jokes about parallel parking, but the evidence seems to suggest that their motor skills could be better than men’s. Could the old argument that women are better at multitasking actually be true? And if so, could this be another reason why women tend to be safer driver?

Whatever the reasons for women having fewer accidents than men, however, the fact remains that as far as insurers are concerned, women remain a safer bet. That's why they continue to enjoy lower insurance premiums, and why insurers such as Computerquoteinsurance.com are willing to offer their female customers cheaper car insurance policies.

23 Mar 2007
    Once a prick - always a prick.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rover For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (03-10-10)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by golfer42 View Post
    For the advice given my thanks i give to you westie. I applied said advice to parking today and an improvement in technique was noted
    By the way to get out of a space, drive the car as close as you can to the one in front and then lock the wheel fully anti clockwise before you reverse, then when you have reversed ,lock the wheel fully clockwise and repeat until your clear of the cornor of the car in front.

Westside.

Well, Im not a good driver at all and I dont bullshit myself that Im. I do operate automatic tranmission cos I hate manual. I dont do make up behind wheel. I dont try parallel parking when I know I wont fit there my huge car Other than this Im happy.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345