Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Turn the Wheel.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by johnmurphy View Post
    but at the speed they normally drove at the women were in control it was only when they were FORCED to go the same speed as men that the crash rate increased so this could also be interperted as men drive too fast
    Thats what i mean. Women are safer drivers maybe but defo not better drivers. To an extent, a good driver could drive slow or fast and it would make no difference on the good dry road conditions.

To go back to women being safer drivers, whats more dangerous? Going 60 on a dual carriageway or 40? You see you can overdo this safe stuff. I mean walk, thats even safer. Safe driving to me doesnt necessarily mean slower driving.Its means good ability and judgment in all types of conditions and speeds etc

Westside.

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Thats what i mean. Women are safer drivers maybe but defo not better drivers. To an extent, a good driver could drive slow or fast and it would make no difference on the good dry road conditions.

To go back to women being safer drivers, whats more dangerous? Going 60 on a dual carriageway or 40? You see you can overdo this safe stuff. I mean walk, thats even safer. Safe driving to me doesnt necessarily mean slower driving.Its means good ability and judgment in all types of conditions and speeds etc

Westside.
    i agree with you except for one point walking in a dual carriageway could be very dangerous in my opinion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by golfer42 View Post
    For the advice given my thanks i give to you westie. I applied said advice to parking today and an improvement in technique was noted
    Make yourself park in difficult tight spaces. Even if you dont get in ,its the effort that will make you good. Do what i said and practice in tight spaces and you will park in any space that the car fits in tight or otherwise.

Westside.

Blog Entries

i agree with you except for one point walking in a dual carriageway could be very dangerous in my opinion
    LOL yeah.
    Westside.

Reviews

but at the speed they normally drove at the women were in control it was only when they were FORCED to go the same speed as men that the crash rate increased so this could also be interperted as men drive too fast
    That is my point john when the playing field is levelled it is women drivers inadequate's that are shown up.

Quote Originally Posted by dub1 View Post
    That is my point john when the playing field is levelled it is women drivers inadequate's that are shown up.
    but they should have been driving on a road not a playing field that was not a fair test at all

7. The Following User Says Thank You to johnmurphy For This Useful Post:

dub1 (02-10-10)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dub1 View Post
    Women should not have cheaper insurance then men simply because they are perceived to be safer based on speed. I drive a car and a bike and i rarely go over 60 on either and thats on big roads. Why the hell should i have to pay more than someone because im a different sex? Its nonsense and wrong.

Westside.

Women should not have cheaper insurance then men simply because they are perceived to be safer based on speed. I drive a car and a bike and i rarely go over 60 on either and thats on big roads. Why the hell should i have to pay more than someone because im a different sex? Its nonsense and wrong.

Westside.
    yes 80 euro for 30 minutes is more than enough male or female

Reviews

Westside.
    Men are better drivers than women, women are slower drivers so the chances of them crashing are reduced hence cheaper car insurance.

Blog Entries

And another thing i shouldnt have to pay for two seperate insurance policies either as i can only crash on one or the other and not both at the same time.

The news at ten for the BBC.

"today a man from Cork was killed instantly as his car landed in a ditch on the outskirts of Ballyduff. Gardai are investigating a separate incident in which the same man was killed when his bike left the road."

Westside.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast