Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blackest day in the Irish economy

English Milly Masseuse Guest

When the Doom of the banks hit the UK it affected us "normal" people in a way that has only really becoming apparent recently in the aftermath and so called "RECOVERY"
    Of course if you had shares, pensions, a small business or huge mortgages you were in big trouble and it definately woke us all up to paying attention and taking notice of the economy instead of 'leaving it to the experts' (ha, thats a laff!)

I NEVER used to watch politics shows or see how the pound was doing around the world but it certainly made me take an interest for the sake of our children, if nothing else.

Looking at things like shopping on the high street and in the big supermarkets, I feel that the price war has made us aware of what we were spending and what we SHOULD be spending
    When I tour Ireland, I am absolutely appalled at how the shops slaughter you guys! Your restuarants are highly over priced and the the general cost of living is comparable to the centre of London!

I never used to price compare, but now I shop around and I take note of where is better value for MY HARD EARNED MONEY to be spent.
    I can only speak for us here in the Uk and I can see that we were all living beyond our means for years.....the banks were throwing credit at us, encouraging us to have 6 credit cards, take a 100% mortgage.....its all shit! How can it make sense to have a car sitting on the driveway thats worth nearly as much as the house? Did we get what we deserve for being materialistic creatures?
    The banks are to blame for the most, but we need to wake up and stop letting them mug us off!

Ok, Friday rant over

have a great day x

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to English Milly Masseuse For This Useful Post:

dub1 (01-10-10), NaughyYanna (01-10-10), Paddii (01-10-10)

3. Default

I dont believe this crises is over yet and believe theres more to come out, we are f**ked here in Ireland and so is the next generation.

Irelands main export is pharmaceutical because we are lax with them, I believe they can leave at any time.

Our farming is mainly beef and funded from hand outs from the common european agricultural policy which is changing how it issues these handouts.

Our fishing is gone to europe.

Our gaz to Shell.

I dont think the population of any other country would sit back and take what we have. The worst mistake we ever made was joining the eec.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rockman View Post
    I dont believe this crises is over yet and believe theres more to come out, we are f**ked here in Ireland and so is the next generation.

Irelands main export is pharmaceutical because we are lax with them, I believe they can leave at any time.

Our farming is mainly beef and funded from hand outs from the common european agricultural policy which is changing how it issues these handouts.

Our fishing is gone to europe.

Our gaz to Shell.

I dont think the population of any other country would sit back and take what we have. The worst mistake we ever made was joining the eec.
    It's only because we use the euro that we are still financially afloat at all.

Quote Originally Posted by dub1 View Post

6. The Following User Says Thank You to benin For This Useful Post:

dub1 (01-10-10)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I am fed up with all the doom & gloom. There is far too much negativity coming from the media and seeping through into daily life.

My business is down 40% and I have had to write off a fair few bob in bad debts but, hey, I'm still alive.

The only way to put the country back on it's feet is to knuckle down, get on with it, and live every day with a smile on your face.
    Last edited by Forrest; 01-10-10 at 12:40.

Engaging Personality
    Mesmerising Eyes
    Magnificent Ass
    Adorable Lady
    Sexy, Wicked, Enticing, Erotic, Tease

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Forrest For This Useful Post:

An don (01-10-10), benin (01-10-10), Doozer (01-10-10)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RodeoMan View Post
    As I was working late tonight, I switch on the news to hear that today was the blackest day for the irish economy since our inception. How come all these bankers are still getting there 29 million pension schemes and staying out of prison, this is a typical example of white collar crime.
    What hope has any young person staying in this country, we really appear to be fucked.
    The real shame lies on the Irish ppl themselves. Typical Irish whinging and dropping the pants for another spanking. If it was most other countries the gov would be gone for starters.

I said it before, democracy died in this country when the gov rejected the citizens of this countries right to a fair vote on a referendum. NO was votes through, that wouldnt do the gov and oh we must have another referendum until we get a YES vote. Lick Germanys hole, Lick Frances hole and open out doors to the whole bloody place without any regulation.

We re doomed, we are this and that, all to help make ourselves feel better instead of standing up (too much to ask for from an Irish person) and saying enough is enough. FFS we had a budget nearly 12 months ago and the Public Service ,who waste and continue to waste everything from resources to money have yet to implement their cuts.

Soon we will have more cuts, soon the ppl will be crying again and dropping their pants again for some TLC of the ass.

The fact of the matter is 99% of Irish ppl moan and groan and do f'all and say f'all. Apparently a drunk leader is ok, apparently rejection our democratic rights to a fair vote is ok, apparently a portion of workers on this island not doing thier bit and accepting cuts while others continue to struggle is ok.

I am beyond giving a fuck. The pessimism alone will maintain a recession. Cry and moan and drop the pants and lick the gov and churches ass and thats Ireland for you.

You can sink with the ship or jump and at least have some chance of swimming to safety. The choice is yours and most Irish are sinking with ths ship and even quite happy to allow another hole to be bored in it.

:-( :-(
    Westside.
    Last edited by Westsidex; 01-10-10 at 13:15.

Blog Entries

One other thing, other ppl have survived far harder times. We talk like our times are the hardest but make no mistake ,alot of our ancestors survived much harder times, diseases, no electricity, poor water ,slums and tenements. Ask anyone who was through the 1920's - 1950's what Ireland back then was like. Sure we have it very hard.

Westside.

PS the ppl of the past lived within their means too ,something the newer Irish generations failed to do and are now paying the price.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    One other thing, other ppl have survived far harder times. We talk like our times are the hardest but make no mistake ,alot of our ancestors survived much harder times, diseases, no electricity, poor water ,slums and tenements. Ask anyone who was through the 1920's - 1950's what Ireland back then was like. Sure we have it very hard.

Westside.

PS the ppl of the past lived within their means too ,something the newer Irish generations failed to do and are now paying the price.
    ill ask poggo

Quote Originally Posted by dub1 View Post
    we are just sinking slower

14. The Following User Says Thank You to johnmurphy For This Useful Post:

dub1 (01-10-10)

Quote Originally Posted by johnmurphy View Post
    we are just sinking slower
    thats the spirit john...keep positive...your positive we are fucked lol

16. The Following User Says Thank You to benin For This Useful Post:

dub1 (01-10-10)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast