Thread: Flasks

Reviews

Default Flasks

Ok folks, Flasks, yes those big things that you drink coffee from.......how do they work?? Its been years since i've used them and i can't remember!
    Do i just make it as i am making a mug of coffee, as in 1 spoon of coffee, maybe some sugar, then pour in loads of hot water until its close to the top then add in some milk? And are those steel cylinder type one's better that the big heavy Thermos fat flasks with the cup and handle at the top, which one of those is better? And usually how long (how many hours) do flasks keep your drinks hot for? If i filled a flask at 7am and wanted to drink from it at about 1pm or 2pm, would it still be warm or would it usually have gone cold by then?
    Yes i know i'm an idiot
    Last edited by Rod Stewart; 28-09-10 at 00:13.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Stewart View Post
    Ok folks, Flasks, yes those big things that you drink coffee from.......how do they work?? Its been years since i've used them and i can't remember!
    Do i just make it as i am making a mug of coffee, as in 1 spoon of coffee, maybe some sugar, then pour in loads of hot water until its close to the top then add in some milk? And are those steel cylinder type one's better that the big heavy Thermos fat flasks with the cup and handle at the top, which one of those is better? And usually how long (how many hours) do flasks keep your drinks hot for? If i filled a flask at 7am and wanted to drink from it at about 1pm or 2pm, would it still be warm or would it usually have gone cold by then?
    Yes i know i'm an idiot
    God, i've never used a flask for coffee, but do recall seeing construction workers from years ago with them. Can't you brew your coffee first in a coffee maker? I like fresh gourmet coffee-especially if the beans are freshly ground, but I do remember buying ground coffee from a supermarket that starts with the 'L' and being happy. But your way probably will work, though! And I don't know how long coffee stays warm in flasks, probably not longer than noon-time; go into one of the major coffee places, and see how long their flask last or try an outdoor sporting goods shop, they might have ones that last long

Reviews

i think before u use the flask fill it with boiling water first before u put in coffee. that bring the flash up to working temp and it lasts longer

Reviews

Do i just make it as i am making a mug of coffee, as in 1 spoon of coffee, maybe some sugar, then pour in loads of hot water until its close to the top then add in some milk?
    The real problem with that is the milk. Adding milk to hot water will not kill all of the bacteria in the milk and, once the little bugs are nice and warm, they will start to multiply and you will eventually be able to taste that. You can get long-life cream in individual packs that do not need to be stored in the fridge. Get some of those and add to the coffee when you pour it into your cup.

5. Default

Ok I have to ask, so why do you need a flask?

Plenty of gorgeous coffee shops around, plus luke warm nescafe is not a nice taste. I'm so addicted to fresh filter coffee and drink it till I get the shakes lol.

xXx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Charlotte Dean For This Useful Post:

Dirty Harry (28-09-10)

fill with boiling water

add t bag/coffee

close top

bang against wall with force on way out the door

set for the day

Reviews

Yes i know i'm an idiot
    best not to bother with flasks nothing tastes good out of them at all i haven't used one since my school days and i can still remember that horrible taste