I was going to post this in the Disabled Clients Section but I then thought to myself I wouldn’t as I’m not really sure if many people do go into the disabled clients section that much and so for those people who’ve never heard of Katie Piper or her story I wanted as many people as possible to learn and find out about her.

Basically for those who don’t know Katie Piper’s story here it is, (description taken for the Channel 4 programme website about Katie) Katie was young and beautiful. A model and budding TV presenter, the 24-year-old had a glowing future ahead of her. But in 2008 a vicious acid attack destroyed her face, and with it her career and her life as she knew it.

More than a year on, and having undergone countless operations and rounds of physiotherapy, she has now chosen to give up her anonymity and tell her own story for the first time.

Including CCTV footage of the attack, this remarkable Cutting Edge film follows Katie as she undergoes pioneering treatment and attempts to re-build her life, while two men stand trial for the horrific assault.

In the film, Katie bravely tells her story with compelling frankness, surprising humour and an extraordinary lack of self-pity as she tries to come to terms with losing her beauty and starting a new life with a new face.

Now I don’t want to try and sound to be a hardman or anything but I don’t cry very easily, I’ve even seen me at family and friends funerals and not cried, but I’ll unashamedly admit the first time I ever watched her story I sat and I cried like a baby. I think she is one of the most remarkable people I’ve have ever heard off and I wanted to share her story with you guys.

I also think for everyone after watching this just think to yourself if you’re having a bit of a shit day, or in a bad mood just sit and think for one second about this girl and I believe you will soon see things really are not that bad.

Hope you like this.

Katie: My Beautiful Face - Katie: My Beautiful Face - Channel 4