Thread: big brother shook up tv planning??????

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default big brother shook up tv planning??????

big brotherwas an revolution, it allowed the average joe/jane to become a "celeb",.
    Before BB nobody got on tv unless you knew somebody or did Rada, this progame crashed forth the unwashed, the common people and produced a show that put up the two fingers to the owners of tv stations ,,and said we can produce a celeb out of nothing ..no talent no background ...it was anarchy at its best.
    TV...before BB these household names had us by the throat, then ordianry punters got more viewers more ads ...what did the old celebs do? fought tooth an nail to get on the show that was proving we could make a celeb out of nothing ..oh the irony,,

Reviews

I fucking hate Big Brother. It didnt revolutionise shit as far as im concerned. Just a bunch of loud mouth, ignorant atention whores.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

It created a culture that anyone ,without talent could become famous ,it lowered fame to a level that was laughed at itself ,fame became a risible joke ,it created a breed of monsters ...I just found it interesting

Reviews

Fame is hella over rated imo. I cant understand anybody who would just want to be famous. Wealthy yes, successful Yes, famous no.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Exactly..Ryden.fame was achieved,through talent before BB,..now it has no price..thats the joke ???

Reviews

It was described very early on by one reviewer as being just like real life, with all the boring bits packed in.

Actually, I always thought the term "reality television" was a little misleading. The whole situation was artificial, and some contestants admitted to playing characters - basically hamming it up for the cameras.

I considered the whole thing dangerous and irresponsible. People could, and did, become famous overnight, but received little or no training in how to handle it. Some of these celebs inevitably fell back to being ordinary Joes again, and found it very difficult to adapt.

Then again, I never watched a single program over the years, so what do I know?
    The Gods are just, and of our pleasant vices
    Make instruments to plague us