Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TV docu: almost unreal it was so strange

Reviews

Default TV docu: almost unreal it was so strange

Anybody see a documentary about the Swedish twin women who went a nuts and caused mayhem in UK in around 2003ish. The docu was on some satellite channel I think. I was channel-surfing Wed night and came across it.

They ran onto a motorway and happened to be filmed by a TV crew filming one of those motorway police fly-on-the-wall series. Police are called to possible pedestrian hit by car on motorway. When they get there, two women are standing at the side of the road acting suspiciously. police approach and talk with them. Then one of the women deliberately walks out in front of an artic truck. Bam!!!

The police are shocked, start running around, calling ambulance etc then the other woman makes a run for the road too. Police try to grab her but she wriggles free and runs in front of a car. Bam!!! Goes flying into the air.

And then it gets even stranger!!

Both women are down injured (badly it seems), both conscious and cursing at the police and shouting rambling nonsense about their organs being harvested.

Then the one who was hit by a car starts fighting and gets up and runs over into traffic on the other lanes. Police follow and grapple with her (they are also still worried about her head/spine injuries etc). She punches one policewoman to the ground and it takes six officers to subdue her. She is super-strong. They think both sisters might be high on PCP or something.

All this captured by TV crew.

The very badly injured one is brought to hospital as is the fighting one. The fighting sister is released from hospital (miraculously without injuries) and arrested for assault. TV crew is still filming. She seems to be acting weirdly, unconcerned about what has happened, as if she doesn't remember, she doesn't mention her identical twin sister or worry about her but is otherwise coherent and calm. She is charged and released.

The next day she is wandering about on a street and a good-samaritan man takes her in to his house. She stays the night. Still acting weirdly/paranoid. Next day he is making her a cup of tea and she stabs him to death. She runs and is chased by police onto bridge. She jumps 30 feet onto another busy road but survives (again) with broken ankles and a fractured skull!!! She's like the friggin' Terminator!!

It turns out she lived in Ireland with her partner and kids. Partner did not know she went to UK two days before, or reason why. Her sister lived in US. had come over to Ireland for visit. No history of mental problems for either. Police toxicology/alcohol reports are negative for both.

She is charged with murder. Other sister recovers (miraculously).

At the trial, defense and prosecution both agree she was temporarily insane at time of killing. Def says it was an insanity caused by both sisters being together, being linked psychically by being twins, and inducing the temporary madness between each other. prosec just says it was an episode of temporary insanity.

She gets five (or seven?) years in prison. Other sister moves back to US. Both her and killer sister have never talked about the events except to say 'no comment' under police interview etc. Police are still baffled as to motivation, cause etc.

Family of dead man are not happy of course, about her being released from custody after initial accident and about sentence.

The most bizarre/interesting thing I have seen on TV in years. All shown in graphic detail.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Record 2-time E-I Fantasy Football Champion 2010/11, 2013/14
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw it mate. No matter how hard you’d try to explain what it was about I don’t think you ever could it was so nuts. Honest to god I never saw anything as mental in my life. You have to see it to believe it, its on YouTube in 4 parts:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzfPC1X94ew
    "Live for nothing or die for something, your call."

Reviews

Agreed.

Saw it. and I cannot recall anything so bizarre. Apparently the partner of one of the girls had no idea she was in UK.
    The Gods are just, and of our pleasant vices
    Make instruments to plague us

Blog Entries

Wow, that's crazy. I'll have to watch now. Thanks for the heads up.

Wow, can't wait to see this. Thanks

Blog Entries

its well worth watching x

Wow weird I am going to take a look at this now
    Will MISS you all... For those of you that will keep in touch you know how to do this.... Take Care Kisses Alyssa Jenkins xxxx

Reviews

Yep i saw this. I started watching and i got so intrigued by it i had to watch it till the end.
    How they survived getting hit by the truck on the motorway and what drove them do all of this is beyond me.
    And then they put it down to a tempory illness.
    Crazy

Just bizarre!

Reviews

I'd also seen it, it had been on telly a few weeks ago. Very strange situation, no doubt about that! I'm not sure what was the craziest part of the twins' behaviour, the initial part where they're essentially trying to kill themselves by running into traffic, or the stuff after, especially from the other one-- murduering the guy, and showing no concern whatsoever for her twin sister, who had a pretty bad prognosis right after the accident... VERY bizzare for sure, but well worth a look.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast