Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Florida to Burn copies of the Koran

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey View Post
    Further to this thread, I present for intelligent conversation Kevin Myers' column in today's Independent.

Kevin Myers: Pastor Jones is a mad crank. So what do you call those who threaten violence over his antics? - Kevin Myers, Columnists - Independent.ie
    Kevin's a numpty. Could you sum it up please Mousey so I don't have to read the whole blessed thing to actually find out what point he's trying to make???

Thanks buddy..............
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

2. The Following User Says Thank You to luther For This Useful Post:

wellhungchap (17-09-10)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    Kevin's a numpty. Could you sum it up please Mousey so I don't have to read the whole blessed thing to actually find out what point he's trying to make??? Thanks buddy..............

If I paraphrase it, the subtle nuances of his genius will be lost upon you. No, I'm afraid you'll have to waste 4 minutes of your life reading it, and then about a minute absorbing it

Blog Entries

If I paraphrase it, the subtle nuances of his genius will be lost
    It must be very subtle. I've never noticed it before.........
    L

Kevin Myers is right this time. People who give in to the terrorists are making a HUGE mistake.

Like Voltaire said: "I may not agree with what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it".

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    It must be very subtle. I've never noticed it before.........
    What does everyone have against Kevin Myers anyway? I don't agree with everything he says, but he's dead clever and very erudite, don't 'cha know.

Blog Entries

Without even reading it I've suddenly decided he's wrong...........Hi Nicegirls................

Only messin............
    L

What does everyone have against Kevin Myers anyway? I don't agree with everything he says, but he's dead clever and very erudite, don't 'cha know.
    When he was guest-presenting Vincent Browne he was saying about how world cup italia 90 lifted "this little country", and he added in his condescending voice in a matter-of-fact way: "it didn't matter that half of the players were actually English".... lol!!! I think that sums up why many people hate Kevin Myers here. And then there was the whole "bastards" controversy.
    Last edited by nicegirlsarenice; 17-09-10 at 16:56.

Blog Entries

He should stick to writing about what he knows which is...................em.......er..........um.................ah..........

Sorry, I may still hold a grudge about this..........

Kevin Myers: It's an Irish characteristic. We are comfortable with failure. It's a familiar condition and it suits us. - Kevin Myers, Columnists - Independent.ie

O'Gara letter to Editor: Why I refuse to be scapegoated by Kevin Myers - Letters, Opinion - Independent.ie

Which proved he knows fcuk all about rugby........

Sorry to drag this off topic...........

Don't burn books, save the rain forest..............

Bloody wannabe Jerermy Paxman.............
    L

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post

Like Voltaire said: "I may not agree with what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it".
    PMSL

Now I have heard it all
    The Gods are just, and of our pleasant vices
    Make instruments to plague us

Reviews

Further to this thread, I present for intelligent conversation Kevin Myers' column in today's Independent.

Kevin Myers: Pastor Jones is a mad crank. So what do you call those who threaten violence over his antics? - Kevin Myers, Columnists - Independent.ie
    Just got round to reading this now.

Good old Kevin stirring the pot.

For those who can't be arsed to read, he is basically saying that things are going to get worse from the Muslim front in 2012, when seemingly the Muslims will be celebrating the 1400th anniversary of the appearance of Angel Gabriel to Mohammed.

He is actually using a cheap journalistic trick of inducing fear in his article, in this case pointing to the reduction of the army in Turkey as reducing a protection on secularism, and by extension presumably opening the door for us all to be converted in the ensuing years. He then makes a few pot shots at the Muslim World in general.

I am not impressed, having heard it all before, although I concede he is making a few valid points. But I think we can rest easy in the meantime
    The Gods are just, and of our pleasant vices
    Make instruments to plague us

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213