Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Q?????????????????

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Im talking about anything addictive in life thats gives fun.

not just here,
    Westside.
    then restrict yourself if its interfering with important things such as familys children

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    It was you West. He couldn't stop thinking about you day, and night. It was driving him to drink.
    Sorry to hear. At least it wasnt the river. Like i said to a girlfriends mother before "id love to see you in something long and flowing".

The river,
    Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    then restrict yourself if its interfering with important things such as familys children
    But apart from family. I have seen or heard ppl say they give something up based on the fact thats its addictive. Addictive to me doesnt neccessarily mean any harm being done.

Westside.

Blog Entries

Like a guy said to me before.You have to have something to let out pressure. If it was all serious, all business etc then life would really be a shitty place.

in fact with many its just that,
    Westside.

Reviews

But apart from family. I have seen or heard ppl say they give something up based on the fact thats its addictive. Addictive to me doesnt neccessarily mean any harm being done.

Westside.
    Addiction means you are no longer in control, and that is potentially dangerous
    The Gods are just, and of our pleasant vices
    Make instruments to plague us

6. The Following User Says Thank You to scotus For This Useful Post:

Dirty Harry (06-09-10)

Blog Entries

Is it? I dont know,
    Westside.
    What a surprise, you've started a thread about something you know nothing about........

The term addiction is also sometimes applied to compulsions that are not substance-related, such as problem gambling and computer addiction. In these kinds of common usages, the term addiction is used to describe a recurring compulsion by an individual to engage in some specific activity, despite harmful consequences, as deemed by the user himself to his individual health, mental state, or social life.

Actually I take that back, I think you should know better.........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scotus View Post
    Addiction means you are no longer in control, and that is potentially dangerous
    Some ppl cant stop doing some things and they arent neccessarily doing any harm. Maybe thats what addiction generally means but in the true sense (luther -> 's') of the word does it actually follow that harm is being done? Take musicians who cant let an instrument out of their hands. Are they really doing something dangerous or are they actually addicted to something enjoyable? My point is when or where did ppl decide to equate addiction with danger or loss of control?

Westside.

Reviews

Westside.
    yes i understand what your saying but some people might have a much different view on the subject they might feel well i am spending too much time on E-I or i am spending too much time fishing or what ever they feel they need change and try something else

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    What a surprise, you've started a thread about something you know nothing about........

The term addiction is also sometimes applied to compulsions that are not substance-related, such as problem gambling and computer addiction. In these kinds of common usages, the term addiction is used to describe a recurring compulsion by an individual to engage in some specific activity, despite harmful consequences, as deemed by the user himself to his individual health, mental state, or social life.

Safe to say its not applied to these issues sometimes either.

Westside.

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post

After 7000 posts, I am having a whip around for Westside.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast